Articles tagged "San Diego Chargers"
NFL Stat Wars: YAC (Yards After Catch) Vs. YAT (Yards At Touch)
Andrew Luck and the Colts were the NFL's most inaccurate team last year but were league a leader in YAT (Yards At Touch). I.E., they threw the ball too far down field. We look at YAT and YAC (Yards After Catch) and find that the latter especially is badly overvalued by stat crunchers.
2012 NFL YAT (Yards At Touch) Leaderboard
Yards At Touch is YAC upside down: it tells us how far downfield receivers are when they first touch the football. The 7-9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers were No. 1 in YAT; the 10-6 NFC playoff contender Minnesota Vikings were No. 32 in YAT.
2012 NFL YAC Leaderboard: Panthers Tops; Bills The Worst
Here's a look at the NFL Yards After Catch (YAC) leaderboard in 2012. YAC is a fun, buzz-worthy stat. But at the end of the day, it has a very low Correlation to Victory. The 7-9 Carolina Panthers led the NFL in YAC in 2012; the top four included two of the worst offenses in football.
Deacon Jones Rests in His Own Class of NFL Sack Masters
Deacon Jones, the man who created the quarterback sack, has passed away at 74. Scott Kacsmar examines the NFL’s “official” sack leaders, who all owe respect to this pass-rushing pioneer.
Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
The following 2013 NFL season over-under win totals come from the gang at Bovada. The Denver Broncos, New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers top the list, each with an over-under win total of 11½.
Final Round Of Stats, Facts And Data From The 2013 NFL Draft
A complete round of data from the 2013 draft, highlighting the best and worst of the NFL's annual public meat market. Let's just say Southern girls had plenty to cheer for this weekend.
After The Facts: First-Round Numbers From The 2013 NFL Draft
The first round of the 78th edition of the NFL Draft did not disappoint, says Pro Football Guru Russell Baxter. Here's a few fact-filled observations about the first 32 picks of the 2013 draft.
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News For AFC West
Go west? Over the past two seasons, the 2012 Denver Broncos (13-3) are the only team in the AFC West to finish with a winning record.
Bears, Steelers Lead List Of 100 Stingiest Defenses
Here’s a look at the 100 Stingiest Defenses in History, sorted by number of teams that made the Top 100. The Chicago Bears top the list with 10 members of the Top 100, while 10 current franchises have never fielded a Top 100 defense.
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- Congress Wants The Redskins To Change Name - I Want Congress To Change Its Name
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012