Articles tagged "Redskins"
Hail To the Redskins: NFL Must Save Name, Image, Legacy
What do the Boston Tea Party, Valley Forge, the Declaration of Independence, Fenway Park and New York City's famed Tammany Hall have to do with the percolating controversy over the Washington Redskins? They're all reasons the NFL must rally to save the team's heritage.
Hail To The 1991 Washington Redskins: Best Team Of The Super Bowl Era?
A lot of teams leap to mind when the discussion turns to the greatest team of the Super Bowl Era. The 1991 Redskins are rarely one of them. They should be. Mick Warshaw looks at the statistical firepower of the greatest team everybody forgot.
NFL's Rookie of the Year Finalists: 2012 Drive Stats
Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson earned all the votes for the NFL’s Rookie of the Year. Scott Kacsmar digs into the drive stats produced by these record-setting signal callers in 2012.
Victory Feast: The Predictive Brilliance Of Passer Rating
Passer rating fattened itself on predictive excellence once again on Thursday, predicting victories by all three road teams. Passer rating is 108-54 (.667) picking winners this year and an incredible 35-9 (.795) since Week 9.
Mike Shanhan, Redskins Are Ruining RGIII's Explosive Rookie Year
This week CHFF on SI.com looks at the brilliant play of Washington Redskins QB RGIII and how Mike Shanahan is going to ruin the greatest rookie campaign of all time.
Gregg Williams: just a good ole boy
Rams defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is at the center of a firestorm over his admitted bounty program while with the Saints. It's a good time to expose Williams for what he is: an average coach and symbol of the good ole boy network that dominates NFL sidelines.
Unreal Super Bowl Media Day Legends
Super Bowl Media Day would be a lot better if these tales were true. Okay, so Chris Berman interviewing himself on Media Day is probably true, but other than that, the following stories are intended for entertainment purposes only.
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Seattle Reasserts Dominance Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings
- Predators: New England Patriots As Predictable As Ahnold
- Historic Beating: ‘Scumbag’ Detroit Lions Humiliate Green Bay Packers
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery: Week 13 Statistical Heroes
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- Trifecta, King Of Props Power Week 13 Results
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate