Articles tagged "Quality Stats"
Mother Of All Stats Gets Hammered Like Drunken Old MILF
We thought of washed up MILFs everywhere when our own Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential, got hammered like cosmo-swilling cougar Mrs. Stiffler in the divisional round. Still, Colin Kaepernick, Tom Brady and our Real and Spectacular picks rock 'n roll on.
Dom Capers: CHFF’s Passer Rating Differential 'Most Significant' Stat In Football
Our pal Bill Huber from Packer Report interviewed Green Bay defensive coordinator Dom Capers Thursday, who called Passer Rating Differential a "common-sense principle" and "the most significant stat" because of its correlation to victory.
Pumped And Jacked: Pete Carroll's Deadly Seattle Seahawks
Pete Carroll's deadly Seahawks just plucked the Cardinals, 58-0: the fifth biggest blowout in the NFL since 1940. Don't look now, folks: but this team is a threat to win it all.
Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill And The Most Prolific Rookie QBs
Andrew Luck set a rookie record with his 433-yard effort in Indy’s 23-20 victory over Miami on Sunday. But we wanted to look, too, at the most efficient rookie passing performances in NFL history, and a surprising name tops one list: Ryan Tannehill.
Giants-Cowboys, Plus Stats, Tools To Give You An Edge On Sunday
The Cowboys beat the Giants in Week 1. But these two teams have headed in different statistical directions since then. See how the Cowboys and Giants size up in 20 different Quality Stats with the statistical table we provide for every NFL game.
Naughty Nurse: Minnesota Vikings long recovery
The Minnesota Vikings collapsed so quickly in 2011 that our Naughty Nurse had to rush in with a crash cart. We should have taught her that the paddles go over the heart, not the ears. In either case, the Vikings have a long road to recovery after a 3-13 season.
Super Bowl XLVI report: Showdown eerily similar
The Hog Indexes took a hit in the Conference Championships, but they have one last chance to prove themselves. Funny thing is, this is a stage that the Hog Index has performed on before, and has done well under the bright lights. Erik Frenz investigates.
Divisional Round Preview: Saints Go West to Face the 49ers
The Saints take the age-old advice to "Go West", where the 49ers are ready and waiting in the first game of the Divisional Round games on Saturday.
Hog Report: Hog-Wild finish to Wild Card Weekend
The Hog Indexes have been the difference between postseason fame and shame in year's past, and 2011 is shaping up similarly. In fact, the Broncos upset of the Steelers can be traced back to one very important category in the Hog Index.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012