Articles tagged "Notre Dame"
Biggest Loser: Modern Media In On the Manti Te’o Hoax
The story of the 2012 college football season was largely defined by the tragic death of a young woman. And apparently nobody in the highest levels of media bothered to look for one. You know what they say: never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Well Looky Here: Alabama Crimson Tide NCAA No. 1 in Passer Rating Differential
College teams, much like pro teams, generally win when they dominate the battle of passing efficiency. And Alabama, the defending national champ and a big favorite Monday night over Notre Dame, is No. 1 in NCAA football in Passer Rating Differential.
Notre Dame D Legit: 9 TD In 12 Games; Plus, Epic USC Goal-Line Stand Play-By-Play
The Notre Dame defense allowed just nine TDs in 12 games this year. We look at those scores game by game, and the play-by-play of ND's epic fourth-quarter goal-line stand against USC.
Notre Dame Heads To BCS Title Game, Johnny Football Dazzles
The Pigskin High Holidays are the "most wonderful time of year" for football fans. We feasted Saturday on a buffet of big-time college football, highlighted by Notre Dame's brilliant defense and Texas A&M's dazzling Johnny Football.
Jack Chevigny: football's larger-than-life war hero
Author Jeff Walker was haunted by the story football star Jack Chevigny. He chronicles that life, from the greatest moments in football history, to Chevigny's death on the bloody, war-torn island of Iwo Jima, in the new book, "The Last Chalkline."
Battlefield heroes: Jack Chevigny
The fictional Forrest Gump played football for Bear Bryant. Jack Chevigny was the real deal, minus the dim wit: He scored for Notre Dame in Knute Rockne's "win one for the Gipper" game, coached pro and college football, and was then killed in the invasion of Iwo Jima. His brushes with destiny did not end there.
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team