Articles tagged "Notre Dame"
Biggest Loser: Modern Media In On the Manti Te’o Hoax
The story of the 2012 college football season was largely defined by the tragic death of a young woman. And apparently nobody in the highest levels of media bothered to look for one. You know what they say: never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Well Looky Here: Alabama Crimson Tide NCAA No. 1 in Passer Rating Differential
College teams, much like pro teams, generally win when they dominate the battle of passing efficiency. And Alabama, the defending national champ and a big favorite Monday night over Notre Dame, is No. 1 in NCAA football in Passer Rating Differential.
Notre Dame D Legit: 9 TD In 12 Games; Plus, Epic USC Goal-Line Stand Play-By-Play
The Notre Dame defense allowed just nine TDs in 12 games this year. We look at those scores game by game, and the play-by-play of ND's epic fourth-quarter goal-line stand against USC.
Notre Dame Heads To BCS Title Game, Johnny Football Dazzles
The Pigskin High Holidays are the "most wonderful time of year" for football fans. We feasted Saturday on a buffet of big-time college football, highlighted by Notre Dame's brilliant defense and Texas A&M's dazzling Johnny Football.
Jack Chevigny: football's larger-than-life war hero
Author Jeff Walker was haunted by the story football star Jack Chevigny. He chronicles that life, from the greatest moments in football history, to Chevigny's death on the bloody, war-torn island of Iwo Jima, in the new book, "The Last Chalkline."
Battlefield heroes: Jack Chevigny
The fictional Forrest Gump played football for Bear Bryant. Jack Chevigny was the real deal, minus the dim wit: He scored for Notre Dame in Knute Rockne's "win one for the Gipper" game, coached pro and college football, and was then killed in the invasion of Iwo Jima. His brushes with destiny did not end there.
- Aaron Hernandez Quizzed In Death Probe: Tough Week To Be Patriots Tight End
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Real Quarterback Rating Differential: A New Mother Of All Stats?