Articles tagged "National"
End Of An Error: New York Jets Waive Tim Tebow
The New York Jets cut Tim Tebow Monday morning, ending one of worst periods of personnel and on-field management in NFL history. Let's put ti this way: the Jets didn't suck because they had to in 2012. They sucked because they chose to in 2012.
Geno Smith To The Jets: Big Mess In The Big Apple
The 2013 NFL draft was dominated by linemen in the first round and largely derided as boring by the pigskin pundit-ocracy. Then it exploded like the night sky on a 4th of July of football in Round 2 when the Jets had the 'nads to insert Geno Smith into their already dysfunctional offensive backfield.
Cattle Call: We Grade 32 Prime Cuts From Round 1 Of 2013 NFL Draft
Linemen dominated the first round of the 2013 draft. In fact, we haven't seen these many hogs snatched up in one place since the Quincy boys crashed Rick Morris's frat party at UMass back in 1991. We grade the
Bonzo The Idiot Monkey's Mock Draft: Geno Smith To Jacksonville
Longtime readers of the Cold, Hard Football Facts know our feelings (if we had them) about mock drafts: they're not worth the data bits they're written on. So we turn our mock draft over to Bonzo the Idiot Monkey, where his selections are no more a blindfolded crap shoot than the mock drafts of the so-called experts.
2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
The 2013 NFL schedule is here and Scott Kacsmar says it looks like the Year of the Denver Broncos, who enjoy high-profile games and an easy schedule. But strength of schedule before the season often looks much different at the end of the season.
The Legend of Limas Sweed: The NFL Receiver Who Couldn't Catch
Draft-niks gushed over Texas Longhorns wide receiver Lima Sweed back in 2008. They overlooked one little problem: Sweed couldn't catch syphilis in a Thai whorehouse. Scott Kacsmar pens a cautionary tale.
NFL Offseason: Good News And Bad News For NFC West
Once upon a time seven wins was good enough to win the NFC West. Today the rough-and-tumble NFC West is one of the sexiest divisions in football. Pro Football Guru Russell Baxter gives us the statistical highs and lows.
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News For AFC West
Go west? Over the past two seasons, the 2012 Denver Broncos (13-3) are the only team in the AFC West to finish with a winning record.
Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
The Chicago Bears have dominated on defense better, longer and more often than any team in NFL history, riding that defense to a legacy unmatched in pro football. We chronicle the defensive life and times of a team that still chooses to attend the NFL's Old School.
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012