Articles tagged "NFL History"
NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
Teams have never passed the ball more often than they do in the modern NFL. But all those aerials have softened up defenses underneath for running backs to exploit. The 2011 and 2012 seasons were the most explosive for ball carriers in NFL history.
Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
It's never been easier to run the ball in the NFL. Conversely, it's never been tougher to play run defense. The list of worst run defenses in NFL history is littered with recent teams, including the 2012 Saints and Colts.
The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
Here's a look at all 42 teams in NFL history that averaged 5.0 YPA on the ground or more. The 2012 season was the first ever to produce four teams that averaged 5.0 YPA or more.
Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
The Chicago Bears have dominated on defense better, longer and more often than any team in NFL history, riding that defense to a legacy unmatched in pro football. We chronicle the defensive life and times of a team that still chooses to attend the NFL's Old School.
Stats, NFL History & Dating Tips: CHFF Radio On Patriots.com
Cold, Hard Football Facts radio on Patriots.com this week broke down the NFL on like we were rendering bacon fat, and even found time to talk tailgating, share Super Bowl war stories and provide Frankie C.'s always handy dating tips.
Clash of the 5,000-yard quarterbacks
History unfolds Thursday night when the New Orleans Saints visit the New England Patriots in pre-season football. It will mark the first and probably only time this year two 5,000-yard QBs take the field together.
NFL's greatest one-year wonders
Somebody will emerge from the heat of training camp to shock the NFL with a career year, only to disappear afterward, much the way Ickey Woods shuffled across the football landscape in 1988. Scott Kacsmar looks at the greatest one-year wonders in NFL history.
The Crippen Chronicles: Your dose of NFL history
Ken Crippen of the Professional Football Researchers Association discusses NFL historical records that could be broken this year, records from Week 5 action and This Week in NFL History. Also, the Historical Game of the Week.
The Crippen Chronicles: Don't forget Drew
Ken Crippen of the Professional Football Researchers Association notes that Drew Brees is on pace to break two lesser-known passer records.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012