Articles tagged "NCAA"
BCS Honcho Says New College Playoff So Big It Will 'Change' American Culture
The NCAA announced details of the four-team major college football playoff to begin after the 2014 season on Wednesday. It will be so big that it will alter "the culture of New Year's Eve" in the United States, said one college football executive.
Boy With Brain Cancer Scores 69-Yard TD in Nebraska Cornhuskers Spring Game
Little Jack Hoffman, a 7-year-old brain cancer victim, scored a 69-yard touchdown in the Nebraska Cornhuskers spring game on Saturday.
Biggest Loser: Modern Media In On the Manti Te’o Hoax
The story of the 2012 college football season was largely defined by the tragic death of a young woman. And apparently nobody in the highest levels of media bothered to look for one. You know what they say: never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Well Looky Here: Alabama Crimson Tide NCAA No. 1 in Passer Rating Differential
College teams, much like pro teams, generally win when they dominate the battle of passing efficiency. And Alabama, the defending national champ and a big favorite Monday night over Notre Dame, is No. 1 in NCAA football in Passer Rating Differential.
Video Highlights of The Amazing Johnny Football
Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, who turned 20 on Thursday, is the first freshman and second Aggie to win the nation's most coveted individual football honor.
Notre Dame D Legit: 9 TD In 12 Games; Plus, Epic USC Goal-Line Stand Play-By-Play
The Notre Dame defense allowed just nine TDs in 12 games this year. We look at those scores game by game, and the play-by-play of ND's epic fourth-quarter goal-line stand against USC.
Notre Dame Heads To BCS Title Game, Johnny Football Dazzles
The Pigskin High Holidays are the "most wonderful time of year" for football fans. We feasted Saturday on a buffet of big-time college football, highlighted by Notre Dame's brilliant defense and Texas A&M's dazzling Johnny Football.
28 Years Ago: He Did It! He Did It! Flutie Did It!!
Some people say that Colonel Mustard did it in the study with the candlestick. These people are wrong. Every football fan knows that "Flutie did it. He did it! Flutie did it!!" in the Orange Bowl with the football.
49 Week 3 Trends That Hit 60% Or Better ATS
We harvest Spreadapedia for data each week much like a loving farmer nurtures and harvests tasty and nutritious free-range boneless chickens so that we can enjoy Buffalo fingers on Sunday.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012