Articles tagged "Mike McCarthy"
49ers 23, Packers 20: Another Feather in NFC’s Cap
The greatness in Green Bay Sunday was beautiful, tough and memorable, a companion piece to Eagles-Saints. Meanwhile the AFC games were equal parts amateurish and ... Arena-like. Advantage: the Senior Circuit.
Slack Lines, Wild Card Weekend: New Year, Same Incompetence
The gang is in a New Year's haze. But what do expect when one writer owns a sports bar and the others enjoy a white wine spritzer or seven?
The Defense Rests: Ravens' Loss All Part of the New NFL
For the ninth straight year, we'll have no repeat Super Bowl champion; the Ravens showed that an inch here or there really is the difference between guts, glory and an early vacation to Fiji.
NFL Coaches Winter & Holiday Catalog
NFL games in the snow are fun to watch for fans; just try telling these coaches how awesome it is.
Matter of Facts: Week 3 Factual Onslaught
If you're 2-0, the playoffs are a good bet but from from a certainty. If you're 0-2, the playoffs have been an impossibility the previous four seasons. Pro Football Guru Russell Baxter analyzes every game on the Week 3 schedule.
King of Props Targets Two Pass Catchers
The "King of Props" is off to a great start, after nailing his Thursday night play in the Ravens-Broncos game. He surveys the betting landscape on the first NFL Sunday and zeroes in on two NFL pass catchers.
Opening Numbers: Pro Football Guru Tackles Week 1
Just when you thought it was safe to have another boring weekend without the pigskin, the National Football League is back for its 94th season. Pro Football Guru Russell Baxter has your opening numbers.
NFL Quarterbacks: Air Yards vs. Yards After Catch (1992-2012)
What percentage of a QB's yards are gained after the catch? Who has the most? The least? Scott Kacsmar breaks down 21 years of data in a super study of air yards and YAC.
NFL Balance: The Most Effective Offenses Since 1970
The Washington Redskins boasted the NFL's most balanced offense in 2012. The 2000 Rams of Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk fame claimed the best balance since the merger. But Scott Kacsmar finds that buzzword “balance” in the NFL is largely overrated.
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Panthers Better Than Falcons in 17 of 22 Quality Stats
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls