Articles tagged "Michael Vick"
NFL's Dumbest Teams: Chip Kelly Must Re-Educate Philadelphia Eagles
No coach faces bigger challenges in 2013 than Chip Kelly. Not only most he make the leap from college to pros, install his up-tempo offense, find a QB and win over frustrated fans. He must also re-educate the dumbest team in football.
NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
Teams have never passed the ball more often than they do in the modern NFL. But all those aerials have softened up defenses underneath for running backs to exploit. The 2011 and 2012 seasons were the most explosive for ball carriers in NFL history.
Tall Task: Does Height Matter For NFL Quarterbacks?
After Seattle shrimp Russell Wilson’s excellent rookie season, does height still matter for a NFL quarterback? Scott Kacsmar examines if bigger is better, or if NFL teams need to widen their thinking.
Alex Over Geno Smith: Kansas City Chiefs’ History of Thrift-Store QBs
The Kansas City Chiefs do their QB shopping at the thrift store. The latest purchase? Alex Smith. Scott Kacsmar examines a franchise that has gone 30 years since drafting a QB that won a game for them.
Vince Young: The Man, the Myth, the Moron
Vince Young returned to the news this week, but will he ever return to the NFL? Scott Kacsmar examines a confusing career full of comebacks and clowning.
The Best and Worst NFL Quarterbacks on Third Down in the Playoffs
Which quarterbacks excel on third down (the money down) in the NFL postseason? Scott Kacsmar examines, and finds an unlikely leader. It’s not Joe Flacco, but keep thinking that direction.
San Francisco (-4.5) at Atlanta: The 49ers Wow! Factor
The San Francisco 49ers roll into Atlanta as heavy road favorites in an arena where the home team rarely loses. Makes perfect sense based upon San Francisco’s recent “Wow!” factor – the kind that forced us to drink crow this week.
Peyton Manning’s 9-11 Playoff Record Is a Call for Help
Think you can sum up Peyton Manning’s playoff career by using his 9-11 record against him? Scott Kacsmar brings only the facts on Manning’s eight one-and-done postseasons. Can you handle the truth?
Famous Last Words: ‘49ers Will Regret Starting Kaepernick’
We bombastically declared last week that the 49ers will regret the decision to start Colin Kaepernick, only to watch him prove the power of Real Quarterback Rating, with a 116.4 performance. Teams better in Real QB Rating are 52-4 (.929) since Week 15.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012