Articles tagged "Matthew Stafford"
Cold Hard Autopsy: The Detroit Lions
A December dismembering led to Detroit losing their grip on the NFC North, and a playoff bid altogether. Coroner Justin Henry examines.
Luke Kuechly's 24 Tackles, One Interception Puts Him In Rare Air
Carolina linebacker Luke Kuechly had 24 tackles and an interception in the Panthers’ win over New Orleans. Since tackles were tracked 1994, Kuechly’s 24 tackles are tied for the most in a game (New York Jets’ David Harris, November 4, 2007).
NFL Bottom Line: Stats That Defined Each Week 16 Game
Justin Henry breaks down a crazy slate of Week 16 action, with historical days for Peyton Manning, the Carolina Panthers, and the Philadelphia Eagles.
Detroit Lions Suffer From Institutional Futility
Jim Schwartz and the Cowardly Lions tucked their tales on Sunday at a moment when the organization needed bold leadership. The Lions were odds-on favorites to win the NFC North at mid-season. But in typical fashion, they collapsed down the stretch and will miss the playoffs.
Divisional Shakeups Aplenty Across The League
Four teams – Kansas City (AFC West), Philadelphia (NFC East), New Orleans (NFC South) and Carolina (NFC South) – that finished in or tied for last place in their divisions in 2012 are currently in or tied for first place in their respective divisions with two weeks to play.
Lions, Big Runs & Snow - Oh My! Chip's Eagles Overcome Early Woes
In a snowy NFC showdown that will never be forgotten, the Eagles ran for nearly 300 yards en route to an epic come-from behind victory.
Cold Hard Autopsy: Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Washington Redskins
The list of teams eliminated from playoff contention climbs to three. Coroner Justin Henry embalms a pair of NFC patsies. (CHFF)
Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate
It’s Week 14 of the NFL season and only four games remain to decide who advances to the playoffs. And who goes is anyone’s guess as 29 teams remain in contention for a trip to Super Bowl XLVIII.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review