Articles tagged "Matt Hasselbeck"
Tall Task: Does Height Matter For NFL Quarterbacks?
After Seattle shrimp Russell Wilson’s excellent rookie season, does height still matter for a NFL quarterback? Scott Kacsmar examines if bigger is better, or if NFL teams need to widen their thinking.
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News for AFC South
For the first time since 2008, the AFC South not only sent two teams to the playoffs but had more than one club win at least 10 games. Russell Baxter breaks down a division that changed before our very eyes in 2012.
NFL Plagued By Epidemic Of Gutless Coaches
Fourth-down conversion rates have never been higher and offense has never been easier. Yet NFL coaches have never been more reluctant to go for it. Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar looks at the epidemic of gutlessness plaguing the NFL.
NFL Quarterbacks: Career Playoff Drive Stats (2013 Edition)
Like Groundhog Day. Scott Kacsmar returns with the 2013 update to his playoff drive stats (3,844 drives) for 26 quarterbacks. Soak in the new data and Captain Comeback’s Super Bowl XLVII prediction.
The Best and Worst NFL Quarterbacks on Third Down in the Playoffs
Which quarterbacks excel on third down (the money down) in the NFL postseason? Scott Kacsmar examines, and finds an unlikely leader. It’s not Joe Flacco, but keep thinking that direction.
Peyton Manning’s 9-11 Playoff Record Is a Call for Help
Think you can sum up Peyton Manning’s playoff career by using his 9-11 record against him? Scott Kacsmar brings only the facts on Manning’s eight one-and-done postseasons. Can you handle the truth?
Captain Comeback: Last-Minute Shockers By Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar recaps a record-scoring Divisional Playoff Weekend with two classic comebacks in the final minute, including Matt Ryan’s redemption and Rahim Moore’s all-time blunder.
Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins Wild Card Preview
FedEx Field plays host to Wild Card action between two rookie QBs on Sunday afternoon. CHFF's Justin Henry compares the two dynamic teams.
Ranking the Random Fumble Luck of NFL Quarterbacks
If fumble recoveries are random in the NFL, then that means some players are luckier than others. Scott Kacsmar ranks the 59 quarterbacks with the most and least fumble luck in the last two decades.
Rodgers, Ryan, Brady Best Ever Protecting The Football
Drew Brees threw a career-high five INTs in Atlanta. But Scott Kacsmar says Turnover Rate is a better stat than total INTs. And the three all-time leaders at protecting the football are active right now: Rodgers, Ryan and Brady. Mark Sanchez "ass fumbles" were not included.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012