Articles tagged "Kyle Orton"
David Garrard: The Best 4th-Round QB Since Rich Gannon
With David Garrard’s retirement from the Jets, Scott Kacsmar examines a career better than most people will remember. Garrard is the best fourth-round QB since Rich Gannon.
Tall Task: Does Height Matter For NFL Quarterbacks?
After Seattle shrimp Russell Wilson’s excellent rookie season, does height still matter for a NFL quarterback? Scott Kacsmar examines if bigger is better, or if NFL teams need to widen their thinking.
Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
The Chicago Bears have dominated on defense better, longer and more often than any team in NFL history, riding that defense to a legacy unmatched in pro football. We chronicle the defensive life and times of a team that still chooses to attend the NFL's Old School.
Alex Over Geno Smith: Kansas City Chiefs’ History of Thrift-Store QBs
The Kansas City Chiefs do their QB shopping at the thrift store. The latest purchase? Alex Smith. Scott Kacsmar examines a franchise that has gone 30 years since drafting a QB that won a game for them.
Captain Comeback: Last-Minute Shockers By Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar recaps a record-scoring Divisional Playoff Weekend with two classic comebacks in the final minute, including Matt Ryan’s redemption and Rahim Moore’s all-time blunder.
Vikings and Packers Ready for the Rematch
The Vikings beat the Packers last weekend to make the playoffs, now they play to see who will advance to the Division Round.
The 2012 NFL Rookie Quarterbacks Are the Best Rookie Class Ever
Scott Kacsmar studies the progression of rookie quarterback success in the NFL, and with three games still to be played, there is no doubt the 2012 class has already set the new benchmark for rookie QB greatness.
Ranking the Random Fumble Luck of NFL Quarterbacks
If fumble recoveries are random in the NFL, then that means some players are luckier than others. Scott Kacsmar ranks the 59 quarterbacks with the most and least fumble luck in the last two decades.
Rodgers, Ryan, Brady Best Ever Protecting The Football
Drew Brees threw a career-high five INTs in Atlanta. But Scott Kacsmar says Turnover Rate is a better stat than total INTs. And the three all-time leaders at protecting the football are active right now: Rodgers, Ryan and Brady. Mark Sanchez "ass fumbles" were not included.
- Aaron Hernandez Quizzed In Death Probe: Tough Week To Be Patriots Tight End
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Real Quarterback Rating Differential: A New Mother Of All Stats?