Articles tagged "Kyle Orton"
NFL Passing Game 2013: Higher Passer Rating, High Yards Per Attempt & More Pick-6's
So far in Week 7, five teams – Buffalo, Carolina, Miami, New England and the New York Jets – all had interception-return touchdowns, contributing to a league-wide total of 30 this season, the second-most interception-return touchdowns through seven weeks since 1970.
Chiefs Defense Sacking Quarterbacks At Record Pace
The 6-0 Kansas City Chiefs have placed a high emphasis on getting to the passer. The Chiefs defensive unit ranks first in the NFL with 31 sacks this season, tied for the fifth-most sacks in the first six games of a season since 1963, when team sacks became an official NFL statistic (individual sacks became an official statistic in 1982).
Along For the Ride: Shiny Hood Ornament Wide Receivers In Week 1
The Shiny Hood Ornament Man Law galloped gloriously into Week 1, proving yet again that wide receiver is the most overvalued position in football – and maybe in all of North American sports.
NFL Quarterbacks: Air Yards vs. Yards After Catch (1992-2012)
What percentage of a QB's yards are gained after the catch? Who has the most? The least? Scott Kacsmar breaks down 21 years of data in a super study of air yards and YAC.
David Garrard: The Best 4th-Round QB Since Rich Gannon
With David Garrard’s retirement from the Jets, Scott Kacsmar examines a career better than most people will remember. Garrard is the best fourth-round QB since Rich Gannon.
Tall Task: Does Height Matter For NFL Quarterbacks?
After Seattle shrimp Russell Wilson’s excellent rookie season, does height still matter for a NFL quarterback? Scott Kacsmar examines if bigger is better, or if NFL teams need to widen their thinking.
Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
The Chicago Bears have dominated on defense better, longer and more often than any team in NFL history, riding that defense to a legacy unmatched in pro football. We chronicle the defensive life and times of a team that still chooses to attend the NFL's Old School.
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Seattle Reasserts Dominance Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings
- Predators: New England Patriots As Predictable As Ahnold
- Historic Beating: ‘Scumbag’ Detroit Lions Humiliate Green Bay Packers
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery: Week 13 Statistical Heroes
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- Trifecta, King Of Props Power Week 13 Results
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate