Articles tagged "Kevin Smith"
Trent Richardson Outclassed by Alfred Morris and Doug Martin: Will It Last?
Trent Richardson had the sixth-worst rushing average by a rookie in NFL history. Should Browns fans be worried? Scott Kacsmar breaks down rookie rushing success in regards to the long-term outlook.
Captain Comeback: Broncos skewer Dick LeBeau defense again
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar starts Week 1 with Peyton Manning's historic night, Michael Vick's self-inflicted comeback, a first in Minnesota, and the front-running Green Bay Packers.
49ers Do The Lambeau Leap; Kevin Kolb leads Arizona to Victory
Each NFC West squad fought to the last minute on Sunday, but only two would taste sweet victory. NFC West beat man Brandon Burnett breaks down the Week 1 action.
Helmet Stickers: Top 10 NFL Performances of Week 1
Robert Griffin III stole the show in Week 1. But we dish out statistical helmet stickers to the rest of the NFL top 10 performers on Sunday, including Peyton Manning, Mark Sanchez, the San Francisco 49ers and the New England Patriots run defense.
NFC North: Black and Blue Division Over/Under Predictions
Black and Blues Brother Tom Pollin breaks down the season wins over-under projections for each NFC North team, three of which have great playoff potential.
Naughty Nurse: Detroit Lions off life support
The Detroit Lions had their Matt Millen removed four years ago and the their vital signs have improved dramatically since then. In fact, our Naughty Nurse of analysis took the former sad-sack franchise off life support in 2011.
Rusher Rating: Wildcard Playoff Edition
Professional Football Researchers Association executive director Ken Crippen delves deep into the running game of the wildcard playoff round.
Lions Team Report: A Wild, Wild Card Loss
The Lions stayed with New Orleans for three quarters but Drew Brees and his offense pulled away in the fourth. Their primary concern? The secondary. Tom Pollin checks in.
Lions Team Report: A whole new ballgame
The Lions lost to the Saints in their first meeting in New Orleans in Week 13. A loss this time means it's 'wait 'til next year' -- a phrrase usually uttered by Detroit fans in August.
- A Legacy Examined: Mike Shanahan, Mastermind
- NFL Games Averaging More Total Yards Than Ever
- Saints Top NFL With 6 Quality Wins; 5 Losers With 0 Quality Wins
- Seahawks, Panthers Remain Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings Despite Losses
- Drew Brees: Fastest Player To 50,000 In History
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- San Francisco 19, Seattle 17: 49ers Serve Notice
- Wintry Images: Cinematic Snow Blankets NFL Week 14 Schedule
- Cold Hard Autopsy: Gary Kubiak And The Houston Texans