Articles tagged "Kevin Greene"
Carolina's Ferocious Pass Rush Highlights Week 17 Performances
Carolina set a franchise single-game record with nine sacks in the team’s win at Atlanta to clinch the NFC South and a first-round bye. Carolina, which started the season 0-2, is the first team since the 2003 Philadelphia Eagles to earn a first-round bye after an 0-2 start. Defensive end GREG HARDY had a franchise single-game record four sacks today and tied the team’s single-season record with 15 sacks (KEVIN GREENE, 1998). The Panthers also tied the club’s single-season record with 60 sacks.
Broncos Have Won 17 Straight Regular Season Games
The Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs both improved to 6-0 yesterday. Since 1990, when the 12-team playoff format was adopted, 27 of the 29 (93.1 percent) previous teams to start 6-0 made the playoffs.
Deacon Jones Rests in His Own Class of NFL Sack Masters
Deacon Jones, the man who created the quarterback sack, has passed away at 74. Scott Kacsmar examines the NFL’s “official” sack leaders, who all owe respect to this pass-rushing pioneer.
- Drew Brees: Call Him Mr. Primetime
- Kyle Orton Brings The Bubby Back
- Rookie Wide Receivers Making Huge Impact In 2014
- Matt Forte On Pace For Most Receptions By A Running Back In NFL History
- The NFL London Series: Games That Aren't That Great
- Matt Ryan Interception: Worst Of The Season?
- VIDEO: Geno Smith's Three Interceptions In Six Seconds
- VIDEO: JJ Watt Mocks Zach Mettenberger W Sack & Selfie
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team