Articles tagged "John Elway"
Decision 2012: Author Glennon Says Vote Brady For G-O-A-T!
While the U.S. chooses a president, author Sean Glennon writes that he knows who should fill the Prolate Spheroid Office as the greatest QB of all-time. Quant Coach Kevin Braig reviews Glennon's case for Brady as the G-O-A-T.
Captain's Challenge: Name The 5 Best Quarterbacks Of All Time
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar issues a challenge to NFL fans: name the stat that best reflects the top 5 quarterbacks in NFL history. The Captain says it's fourth-quarter comebacks, but wants your input.
Comeback Conspiracy: Broncos protect Elway with statistical cover-up
The Denver Broncos have long been committed to the fallacy that John Elway is the all-time leader in comeback victories. Our own Captain Comeback captures the team in a web of deceit: it refuses to acknowledge that new QB Peyton Manning has a better record of clutch performances.
Troll Report: the value of first-round QBs
The Colts might want to hurry up and sign Andrew Luck. After all, quarterbacks drafted No. 1 overall boast nearly 30 percent of all Super Bowl starts since the AFL-NFL merger, reports CHFF reader Jeff Hunter. He finds highly drafted QBs critical to team success.
Butterfly Effect: How Tim Tebow changed NFL history
Scott Kacsmar takes both the blue and red pills to detail Tim Tebow's butterfly effect in the NFL. Tebow single -handedly altered the playoff picture in both conferences in 2011 and his impact will be felt for years to come.
Denver Broncos face comeback conundrum
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar says that Peyton Manning's first on-field comeback will put the Denver Broncos organization in a PR pickle. After all, Manning at that moment will surpass Elway's imaginary record of 47 fourth-quarter comebacks.
Peyton to Broncos: Denver still far from SB ready
Peyton Manning will play for the Denver Broncos in 2012. He represents a huge upgrade in the passing game for Denver. But he also lands on a team far from Super Bowl ready on defense.
Gluttony: the wide receiver feeding frenzy
Teams that gorge themselves at the wide receiver banquet do it for no higher purpose but to satiate their base human needs. If a team like Tampa expects $56-million man Vincent Jackson to turn Josh Freeman into Tom Brady, they're in for a long year.
Naughty Nurse: Denver Broncos have mountains to climb
The Denver Broncos have the outward appearance of a handsome, charming, and morally intact team after a thrilling 2011. But a closer look by our Naughty Nurse reveals plenty of health issues heading into 2012.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012