Articles tagged "Joe Namath"
NFL Archaeology: Super Bowl Tickets Tell History of the Game
You can unearth a lot of NFL history simply by looking at Super Bowl tickets. Face value in the first game was $10. This year, $1,500. The name "Super Bowl" did not appear until the fourth game; roman numerals a year later in Super Bowl V.
Unreal Super Bowl Media Day Legends
Super Bowl Media Day would be a lot better if these tales were true. Okay, so Chris Berman interviewing himself on Media Day is probably true, but other than that, the following stories are intended for entertainment purposes only.
Captain Comeback: Before title games were Super
Scott Kacsmar respects his elders by recapping the 13 game-winning drives from the pre-Super Bowl days. Included: The Sneakers Game, The Greatest Game Ever Played, and The Ice Bowl.
The Night Before Christmas: New York Jets Edition
Scott Kacsmar delivers a dose of holiday cheer for the disappointed fans of the New York Jets. Broadway Joe recites this year's Night Before Christmas: Jets Edition.
Pigskin Detention: Quarterbacks gone wild!
Dilfer, Esiason, Namath, Romo, Vick and Young come together for this week's Pigskin Detention in a steaming cauldron of loose talk, pained body parts and overall pomposity.
Everything you know about the AFL is wrong
The Cold, Hard Football Facts are heading to NFL Films next month to be part of an upcoming retrospective on the 50th anniversary of the AFL. CHFF will counter many of the myths about the AFL, as we discussed in this conventional-wisdom-shattering opus from March, "Everything you know about the AFL is wrong."
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Panthers Better Than Falcons in 17 of 22 Quality Stats
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls