Articles tagged "Joe Montana"
Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
The 2012 draft and the following season proved, yet again, that high-priced wide receivers are little more than Shiny Hood Ornaments, the most overvalued position in all of sports. We review an ugly, ugly year for teams that chased wide receivers in the draft.
Jacoby Jones Leads List of Record Setters in Super Bowl XLVII
Dazzling Baltimore Ravens return specialist Jacoby Jones leads a long list of record setters in Super Bowl XLVII. It was the longest Super Bowl in history and just the second NFL championship game in which each team topped 30 points.
Top 10 Wild Card Games In NFL History
Wild Card Weekend annually provides some of the most compelling, exciting and unbelievable moments on the football calendar. Cold Hard Football Facts' resident Voice-Of-God Patrick Imig offers his take on the 10 best Wild Card games ever.
Decision 2012: Author Glennon Says Vote Brady For G-O-A-T!
While the U.S. chooses a president, author Sean Glennon writes that he knows who should fill the Prolate Spheroid Office as the greatest QB of all-time. Quant Coach Kevin Braig reviews Glennon's case for Brady as the G-O-A-T.
Captain's Challenge: Name The 5 Best Quarterbacks Of All Time
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar issues a challenge to NFL fans: name the stat that best reflects the top 5 quarterbacks in NFL history. The Captain says it's fourth-quarter comebacks, but wants your input.
Ryan Kalil ad: Carolina D not up to the task
Ryan Kalil vowed the Panthers will win the Super Bowl. But to do so, they'll need dramatic fixes to one of the worst pass defenses in history. Good news? It has happened once before, courtesy of the trio of Bill Walsh, Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott.
40 and Fabulous: in praise of passer rating
Passer rating turns 40 this season. We spoke to the Pro Football Researchers Assoc. at NFL Films this weekend and explained why this oft-criticized indicator is actually the Mother of All Stats. Some researchers cried 'heresy!' at our findings.
Captain Comeback: Super Bowl History
Scott Kacsmar writes the final chapter in the book of postseason comebacks and game-winning drives by reviewing 14 classic Super Bowls, the 8-year streak of close games, and previews/predicts Super Bowl XLVI’s winner and MVP.
QBs: Career Playoff Drive Stats (2012 edition)
It really is Groundhog Day. Scott Kacsmar is back a year later with the 2012 update to his career playoff drive stats for 25 starting quarterbacks since 1980. Find out who’s led the most efficient offense in the postseason and much more.
Captain Comeback: Conference Championship History
Scott Kacsmar recaps the 16 exciting finishes from the Conference Championship round since 1970. We’re talking about The Catch, The Drive, The Fumble, and some fun Brett Favre interceptions. The Captain also makes his daring picks for Championship Sunday.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012