Articles tagged "Joe Gibbs"
A Legacy Examined: Mike Shanahan, Mastermind
He's got the nickname, and the rings. But if this year in Washington is it for Mike Shanahan, does he have the right Hall of Fame credentials?
11 NFL Teams Averaging At Least 25 PPG
ABOVE AVERAGE: Eleven teams in 2013 are averaging at least 25 points per game, which is on pace to be the most in a season in NFL history.
Hail To The 1991 Washington Redskins: Best Team Of The Super Bowl Era?
A lot of teams leap to mind when the discussion turns to the greatest team of the Super Bowl Era. The 1991 Redskins are rarely one of them. They should be. Mick Warshaw looks at the statistical firepower of the greatest team everybody forgot.
NFL Final Four History: No Match for NHL Clash of Champions
The last four teams in the NHL playoffs are the last four Stanley Cup champions. Scott Kacsmar examines the NFL’s “Final Four” history to see how close football’s best came to this rare feat.
NFL Blacksmithing: How Super Bowl Winners Craft Their Receiving Weapons
What kind of receiving corps wins a Super Bowl? Is it better to have veterans or a mix of young players? Homegrown talent or free agents? Scott Kacsmar examines all 47 Super Bowl champs and, among other things, finds that dominant WRs are often a deterrent to team success.
Bill Belichick 18-7 Postseason Record Trumps John Harbaugh (7-4)
Bill Belichick is 18-7 in the postseason and 5-2 in his career against the Baltimore Ravens.
Tom Brady Passes Joe Montana For No. 1 All Time In Playoff Wins
On a weekend when Brady etched his name on another page of the NFL history books, the Baltimore Ravens captured the highest winning percentage in history in road playoff games
NFL Divisional Round Trends, Teams and History
A look at key historic trends about the divisional playoffs and each of the eight teams competing this weekend.
Redskins Home Playoff Underdog For First Time in 30 Years
The Washington Redskins are 3-point home underdogs against a Seattle team that's just 3-5 on the road this year. It's the first time they're dogs at home since hosting the Dallas Cowboys in the 1982 NFC title game. Washington is historically one of the NFL's best playoff teams ATS.
- FF Champs Radio: Today From 12-2 pm ET
- Saints Top NFL With 6 Quality Wins; 5 Losers With 0 Quality Wins
- Seahawks, Panthers Remain Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings Despite Losses
- Drew Brees: Fastest Player To 50,000 In History
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Lions, Big Runs & Snow - Oh My! Chip's Eagles Overcome Early Woes
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- San Francisco 19, Seattle 17: 49ers Serve Notice
- College Football Awards: Regular Season Finale Edition
- Brady on Gronk Injury: "No one feel sorry for us".