Articles tagged "Jim Schwartz"
Naughty Nurse: Detroit Lions off life support
The Detroit Lions had their Matt Millen removed four years ago and the their vital signs have improved dramatically since then. In fact, our Naughty Nurse of analysis took the former sad-sack franchise off life support in 2011.
Lions Team Report: A whole new ballgame
The Lions lost to the Saints in their first meeting in New Orleans in Week 13. A loss this time means it's 'wait 'til next year' -- a phrrase usually uttered by Detroit fans in August.
Lions Team Report: Hint of things to come?
Matthew Stafford threw for 520 yards and 103.8 passer rating. Calvin Johnson had 11 receptions for 244-yards. The Lions crushed the Packers, right? Not exactly.
Lions Enjoy Ford Field Victory Lap After Trouncing Chargers 38-10: 5 Things We Learned
The Lions dominated the San Diego Chargers 38-10 and locked up a spot in the playoffs for the first time this millennium. CHFF Lions beat man Tom Pollin tells you 5 things. You better listen up.
Lions team report: Time for their best behavior
The Lions have been their own worst enemy lately and are in danger of dropping out of the playoff race because of it. They need to begin a behavior change this week against the Vikings.
Lions team report: Tripped up on the Bayou
Matthew Stafford fulfilled his part of the bargain in trying to match Drew Brees and his cajun-hot offense but the rest of the team couldn't get out of their own way to give the Lions a chance.
Twitter warfare and the scrambling quarterback double standard
This week's Pigskin Detention delves into the dangerous world of football Twitter Warfare. And where are the battle cries from the Monday Night Countdown pundits for late hits on quarterbacks that don't render a flag? Fight with us: dive right in!
Lions team report: Welcome to the holiday den, champs
The Lions and Packers were annual Thanksgiving Day opponents from 1951 to 1963 during the Lions and at the beginning of the Packers glory years. The Lions hold an 11-7-1 advantage on Thanksgiving against the Packers going into this year's game.
Detroit team report: Lions 45, Tebows 10
Tom Pollin checks in with his Lions report, noting that it was a good day for the coaching staff and that Detroit's front seven contributed plenty to Tim Tebow's bad day.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review