Articles tagged "Jim Brown"
NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
Teams have never passed the ball more often than they do in the modern NFL. But all those aerials have softened up defenses underneath for running backs to exploit. The 2011 and 2012 seasons were the most explosive for ball carriers in NFL history.
The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
Here's a look at all 42 teams in NFL history that averaged 5.0 YPA on the ground or more. The 2012 season was the first ever to produce four teams that averaged 5.0 YPA or more.
Voting History: Why Peyton Manning Should Run Away With NFL MVP Award
Peyton Manning vs. Adrian Peterson: two historic seasons, one MVP. Scott Kacsmar puts voters to task with an in-depth review of the seasons and why MVP voting results (1986-2011) say you have to take the QB.
AFC West: Jamaal Charles Makes History, Peyton Makes Case for MVP
Santa Claus is coming to town and he's got a sack full of great statistical storylines in the AFC West: Jamaal Charles is officially the most explosive RB in NFL history; Peyton Manning is your 2012 MVP. And, heck, even the Chargers won big.
Explosive Charles, Brees, Brady, Luck, Bears D Top Week 16 Statistical Storylines
Jamaal Charles is now, officially, the most explosive runner in NFL history; Andrew Luck the most prolific QB and the Monsters of the Midway pick-six masters. Plus four other Week 16 statistical storylines.
Drew Brees Passes Dan Marino With Most 300-Yard, 4-TD Games
The little quarterback that could out of Purdue has notched his name in the record books yet again.
Adrian Peterson Makes A Run At History (But Will It Matter?)
Minnesota Vikings running back extraordinaire Adrian Peterson continued his rush at history Sunday, ripping off 212 yards against the Rams on Sunday. But more impressive than his 1,812 rushing yards this year is his awesome 6.34 YPA, a number which puts him in the most elite RB company.
Adrian Peterson Joins Jim Brown and O.J. Simpson in NFL Record Books
While AP is punishing defenses on the ground, the rookies of the NFL are lighting up production.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012