Articles tagged "Jacksonville Jaguars"
David Garrard: The Best 4th-Round QB Since Rich Gannon
With David Garrard’s retirement from the Jets, Scott Kacsmar examines a career better than most people will remember. Garrard is the best fourth-round QB since Rich Gannon.
2013 NFL Draft Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Bet
Are offensive tackles really “safe” picks in the first round of the NFL draft? Scott Kacsmar cracks open a cold case of the football facts to find out where the label came from and how legit it is.
Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
The 2012 draft and the following season proved, yet again, that high-priced wide receivers are little more than Shiny Hood Ornaments, the most overvalued position in all of sports. We review an ugly, ugly year for teams that chased wide receivers in the draft.
Bears, Steelers Lead List Of 100 Stingiest Defenses
Here’s a look at the 100 Stingiest Defenses in History, sorted by number of teams that made the Top 100. The Chicago Bears top the list with 10 members of the Top 100, while 10 current franchises have never fielded a Top 100 defense.
The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
Defense wins championships, or so goes the old cliché. But does that trusty crutch of gridiron analysis pass the statistical sniff test? We look at the 100 stingiest defenses in NFL history to find answers.
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News for AFC South
For the first time since 2008, the AFC South not only sent two teams to the playoffs but had more than one club win at least 10 games. Russell Baxter breaks down a division that changed before our very eyes in 2012.
NFL Plagued By Epidemic Of Gutless Coaches
Fourth-down conversion rates have never been higher and offense has never been easier. Yet NFL coaches have never been more reluctant to go for it. Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar looks at the epidemic of gutlessness plaguing the NFL.
Ravens-Broncos: Manning Meltdown or Lewis Retirement Party?
The Baltimore Ravens come to town with an upset on their mind as they take on the AFC's top seeded Denver Broncos.
2012 Rusher Rating: Adrian Peterson No. 1; Patriots Dominate Team Rankings
Pro Football Researchers Association executive director Ken Crippen looks back at the 2012 regular season Rusher Rating numbers: Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster and Alfred Morris topped the individual list; the New England Patriots dominated the team rankings.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012