Articles tagged "Jacksonville"
The NFL's Biggest Overachievers And Underachievers In 2012
The 2012 Indianapolis Colts were the NFL's biggest overachiever in nearly two decades, while the New England Patriots were the league's most underachieving team last year, writes Scott Kacsmar.
Friendly NFL Climate, Great Quarterbacks Spark Rise in Passing Statistics
Are NFL quarterbacks better, healthier or controlling the rule book? Scott Kacsmar examines the passing explosion and finds one unique group of active QBs we should be enjoying while they last.
Tim Tebow To New England Patriots: What Could Go Possibly Wrong?
The New England Patriots pulled off yet another off-season shocker, signing cultural lightning rod QB Tim Tebow when some thought he'd never play in the NFL again. Here are four immediate reactions to the news.
2012 NFL YAT (Yards At Touch) Leaderboard
Yards At Touch is YAC upside down: it tells us how far downfield receivers are when they first touch the football. The 7-9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers were No. 1 in YAT; the 10-6 NFC playoff contender Minnesota Vikings were No. 32 in YAT.
2012 NFL YAC Leaderboard: Panthers Tops; Bills The Worst
Here's a look at the NFL Yards After Catch (YAC) leaderboard in 2012. YAC is a fun, buzz-worthy stat. But at the end of the day, it has a very low Correlation to Victory. The 7-9 Carolina Panthers led the NFL in YAC in 2012; the top four included two of the worst offenses in football.
NFL Final Four History: No Match for NHL Clash of Champions
The last four teams in the NHL playoffs are the last four Stanley Cup champions. Scott Kacsmar examines the NFL’s “Final Four” history to see how close football’s best came to this rare feat.
Real Quarterback Rating Differential: A New Mother Of All Stats?
We have a new Quality Stat in the works for 2013: Real Quarterback Rating Differential. It may prove a new Mother of All Stats. The 13-3 Denver Broncos topped the indicator in 2012; the 2-14 Jaguars, 4-12 Eagles and 2-14 Chiefs rounded out the bottom three.
Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
The following 2013 NFL season over-under win totals come from the gang at Bovada. The Denver Broncos, New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers top the list, each with an over-under win total of 11½.
NFL's Dumbest Teams: Chip Kelly Must Re-Educate Philadelphia Eagles
No coach faces bigger challenges in 2013 than Chip Kelly. Not only most he make the leap from college to pros, install his up-tempo offense, find a QB and win over frustrated fans. He must also re-educate the dumbest team in football.
- Aaron Hernandez Quizzed In Death Probe: Tough Week To Be Patriots Tight End
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Real Quarterback Rating Differential: A New Mother Of All Stats?