Articles tagged "Indianapolis"
NFL's Dumbest Teams: Chip Kelly Must Re-Educate Philadelphia Eagles
No coach faces bigger challenges in 2013 than Chip Kelly. Not only most he make the leap from college to pros, install his up-tempo offense, find a QB and win over frustrated fans. He must also re-educate the dumbest team in football.
David Garrard: The Best 4th-Round QB Since Rich Gannon
With David Garrard’s retirement from the Jets, Scott Kacsmar examines a career better than most people will remember. Garrard is the best fourth-round QB since Rich Gannon.
The New Orleans Saints, BountyGate And History’s First 7,000-Yard Defense
The New Orleans Saints defense was overrun last year like the Mexican-American border before harvest season. The pressure is on Drew Brees to continue his world-class play and on rookie first-round pick Kenny Vaccaro to make an immediate and much-needed impact in the secondary.
NFL Draft First-Round Riches: Rams, Jets, Vikings Multiple Picks
The Rams, Jets and Vikings all had multiple 1st-round picks in the 2013 draft. But striking it rich with two studs is unlikely says Scott Kacsmar, adding that the Vikings landed one first rounder with bust written all over him.
2013 NFL Draft Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Bet
Are offensive tackles really “safe” picks in the first round of the NFL draft? Scott Kacsmar cracks open a cold case of the football facts to find out where the label came from and how legit it is.
Cattle Call: We Grade 32 Prime Cuts From Round 1 Of 2013 NFL Draft
Linemen dominated the first round of the 2013 draft. In fact, we haven't seen these many hogs snatched up in one place since the Quincy boys crashed Rick Morris's frat party at UMass back in 1991. We grade the
Bonzo The Idiot Monkey's Mock Draft: Geno Smith To Jacksonville
Longtime readers of the Cold, Hard Football Facts know our feelings (if we had them) about mock drafts: they're not worth the data bits they're written on. So we turn our mock draft over to Bonzo the Idiot Monkey, where his selections are no more a blindfolded crap shoot than the mock drafts of the so-called experts.
NFL Draft Data Up The Wazoo: 10-Year Draft History For Each NFL Team
Draft day strategies vary widely from team to team in the NFL, which becomes quite apparent when you break down each club's draft history, position by position and round by round, over the past 10 years.
2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
The 2013 NFL schedule is here and Scott Kacsmar says it looks like the Year of the Denver Broncos, who enjoy high-profile games and an easy schedule. But strength of schedule before the season often looks much different at the end of the season.
Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
The 2012 draft and the following season proved, yet again, that high-priced wide receivers are little more than Shiny Hood Ornaments, the most overvalued position in all of sports. We review an ugly, ugly year for teams that chased wide receivers in the draft.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012