Articles tagged "Houston Texans"
2012 NFL YAT (Yards At Touch) Leaderboard
Yards At Touch is YAC upside down: it tells us how far downfield receivers are when they first touch the football. The 7-9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers were No. 1 in YAT; the 10-6 NFC playoff contender Minnesota Vikings were No. 32 in YAT.
2012 NFL YAC Leaderboard: Panthers Tops; Bills The Worst
Here's a look at the NFL Yards After Catch (YAC) leaderboard in 2012. YAC is a fun, buzz-worthy stat. But at the end of the day, it has a very low Correlation to Victory. The 7-9 Carolina Panthers led the NFL in YAC in 2012; the top four included two of the worst offenses in football.
Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
The following 2013 NFL season over-under win totals come from the gang at Bovada. The Denver Broncos, New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers top the list, each with an over-under win total of 11½.
Bears, Steelers Lead List Of 100 Stingiest Defenses
Here’s a look at the 100 Stingiest Defenses in History, sorted by number of teams that made the Top 100. The Chicago Bears top the list with 10 members of the Top 100, while 10 current franchises have never fielded a Top 100 defense.
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News for AFC South
For the first time since 2008, the AFC South not only sent two teams to the playoffs but had more than one club win at least 10 games. Russell Baxter breaks down a division that changed before our very eyes in 2012.
NFL Offseason: The Good News and the Bad News for the AFC North
It's the third installment of looking at the NFL's eight divisions. This week, the AFC North, which may be the best of the bunch.
Vince Young: The Man, the Myth, the Moron
Vince Young returned to the news this week, but will he ever return to the NFL? Scott Kacsmar examines a confusing career full of comebacks and clowning.
NFL Quarterbacks: Career Playoff Drive Stats (2013 Edition)
Like Groundhog Day. Scott Kacsmar returns with the 2013 update to his playoff drive stats (3,844 drives) for 26 quarterbacks. Soak in the new data and Captain Comeback’s Super Bowl XLVII prediction.
Jim Harbaugh Adds Dash Of Kaepernick To San Francisco 49ers Recipe For Success
Scott Kacsmar’s prediction of 10 wins for the 49ers did not work out, but his reasoning did. Find out what drives Jim Harbaugh’s success, and how San Francisco became more title-ready in 2012.
Matter of Facts: 49ers QB's Have 17 Touchdowns, Zero INT's In Five Super Bowls
The Ravens are making only their second trip to the Big Game. The 49ers are back in the Super Bowl for the first time since they scored 49 in '94. Russell Baxter brings an onslaught of facts and frivolity 10 days before the Big Game.
- Aaron Hernandez Quizzed In Death Probe: Tough Week To Be Patriots Tight End
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Real Quarterback Rating Differential: A New Mother Of All Stats?