Articles tagged "Heath Miller"
The Legend of Limas Sweed: The NFL Receiver Who Couldn't Catch
Draft-niks gushed over Texas Longhorns wide receiver Lima Sweed back in 2008. They overlooked one little problem: Sweed couldn't catch syphilis in a Thai whorehouse. Scott Kacsmar pens a cautionary tale.
NFL Blacksmithing: How Super Bowl Winners Craft Their Receiving Weapons
What kind of receiving corps wins a Super Bowl? Is it better to have veterans or a mix of young players? Homegrown talent or free agents? Scott Kacsmar examines all 47 Super Bowl champs and, among other things, finds that dominant WRs are often a deterrent to team success.
AFC Pro Bowl Roster And Player Notes
The AFC South champion Houston Texans lead the American Football Conference All-Star squad with a conference-best eight All-Stars for the 2013 Pro Bowl.
Captain Comeback Week 16: Steelers’ Meltdown Complete
Looking for a comeback win for Christmas? Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar only has seven tales of failure, including a fatal blow to the Steelers. Dallas comes up short, and Andrew Luck sets more records.
Captain Comeback Week 15: 49ers and Patriots Play NFL’s Game of the Year
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar breaks down the historical context of New England’s 28-point comeback attempt against the 49ers. Also: clutch Cowboys, Colts out of Luck, and Dom Capers is Jay Cutler’s daddy.
Captain Comeback Week 13: Colts, Steelers Rally to Build Familiar AFC Race
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar shares tweets, records and has a “Todd Bowles Movement” in this monster edition highlighted by the clutch wins for annual AFC powerhouses Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.
AFC North: Charlie Batch Leads Monster Steelers Win Over Ravens
Charlie Batch won his biggest game in more than a decade on Sunday and just like that, the Steelers are back in the divisional title picture.
Monday Night recap: Steelers survive ugly game against Chiefs
Pittsburgh entered Monday night as heavy home favorites, but their unpreparedness, combined with a game Chiefs squad, resulted in a close contest.
NFC East Week 8: Guess Only the Giants Want to Win
At 6-2, the New York Giants survey the NFC East landscape. And they chuckle to themselves. Justin Henry covers Week 8 of this one-horse race.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012