Articles tagged "George Blanda"
Nick Foles, Record 7 TD Passes, Lights Up Oakland’s Black Hole
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles made NFL history Sunday, and most certainly wrestled the starting quarterback job from Michael Vick, with seven touchdown passes against the Oakland Raiders on Sunday. He joins a short and eclectic list of members of the 7 TD Pass Club.
Drew Brees 5 interceptions: The Worst Games By The Greatest QBs
Drew Brees is a bona fide future Hall of Fame quarterback. But he didn't look like one Thursday night, throwing a career-high 5 INT in a 23-13 loss at 11-1 Atlanta. We look at the worst meltdowns by the game's greatest QBs.
Captain Comeback: Before title games were Super
Scott Kacsmar respects his elders by recapping the 13 game-winning drives from the pre-Super Bowl days. Included: The Sneakers Game, The Greatest Game Ever Played, and The Ice Bowl.
The Crippen Chronicles Week 11: A Historical Look At This Week In The NFL
Ken Crippen of the Professional Football Researchers Association discusses NFL historical records that could be broken this year, this week in NFL history, and the Historical Game of the Week.
The Crippen Chronicles: A Historical Look At This Week In The NFL
Ken Crippen of the Professional Football Researchers Association discusses NFL historical records that could be broken this year, records from Week 7 action and This Week in NFL History. Also, the Historical Game of the Week.
Al Davis: An inspiration
In reflecting on Al Davis, people are focused on rebellion and missing the greatness -- Ken Crippen notes that you don't get asked to present a record nine Hall of Famers into Canton without being something special.
George Blanda: great showman, the original gunslinger
Pro Football Hall of Famer George Blanda passed away in September 2010 at 83 years old, 35 years after the end of a wild-ride career unlike any other in history. Blanda was much more than the oldest player ever: he was the sport's great showman and its original gunslinger.
- Saints, Broncos Top NFL With 5 Quality Wins; 7 Losers With 0 Quality Wins
- Seahawks, Panthers Remain Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings Despite Losses
- Week 14 Scores And Stats
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Lions, Big Runs & Snow - Oh My! Chip's Eagles Overcome Early Woes
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- San Francisco 19, Seattle 17: 49ers Serve Notice
- College Football Awards: Regular Season Finale Edition
- Slack Lines, Week 14: Luke-warm Heading Into Crunch Time
- Week 14 NFL Snapshots: Litmus Test Continues