Articles tagged "Falcons"
Hello New Orleans: San Francisco Beats Atlanta, 28-24
The San Francisco 49ers beat the Atlanta Falcons 28-24 in the NFC championship game, overcoming a huge first-half deficit and dominating the second half to advance to the sixth Super Bowl in franchise history. Here are five knee-jerk Cold, Hard Football Facts.
NFC Title Game Stats, Facts And Notes
A look at some of the stats, facts and trends that define the NFC championship game.
Bovada: New England Patriots Even Money To Win Super Bowl
The New England Patriots are even money to win the Super Bowl, according to the folks at Bovada. Here's a look at the Super Bowl odds for each of the conference title game contenders, plus likely pairings.
Mother Of All Stats Gets Hammered Like Drunken Old MILF
We thought of washed up MILFs everywhere when our own Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential, got hammered like cosmo-swilling cougar Mrs. Stiffler in the divisional round. Still, Colin Kaepernick, Tom Brady and our Real and Spectacular picks rock 'n roll on.
Quality Stats Power Rankings: We Size Up The Final 8
Seven of the final eight playoff contenders finished in the Top 8 in our Quality Stats Power Rankings, including a straight flush of Nos. 1 to 7 at the top. Let's just say it wasn't by accident.
Super Bowl Odds: Denver Favored; Broncos-49ers Most LIkely Combo
The folks from Bovada say that Denver is still the most likely team to win the Super Bowl, at 11/4 odds, followed by New England (7/2)
NFL Divisional Playoffs First Reaction: Final 8 Proves Power Of PRD
The statistical chaff of the playoff field was conveniently separated from the nourishing wheat of contenders in the wildcard round, especially when you analyze the NFL through the powerful prism of Passer Rating Differential. We use PRD to take our first look ahead at the four divisional playoff clashes.
CHFF TV: Atlanta Falcons Exposed As Frauds
The Atlanta Falcons were exposed for the frauds they are in their 30-20 loss Sunday to the Carolina Panthers. Atlanta, at 11-2, may be the third or fourth best team in the NFC right now.
It's All Relative: Patriots, 49ers, Broncos NFL's Best Teams
The Relativity Index measures teams by how well they perform each week relative to the quality of their competition. The Patriots and 49ers top the indicator, but Peyton Manning and the Broncos are the only team in the top 5 on both offense and defense.
Dirty Bird Secret: the greatest season nobody remembers
The 1998 Atlanta Falcons were the greatest team in franchise history, defined in our memories largely by RB Jamal Anderson and the Dirty Bird dance. But that dance diverted our eyes away from Chris Chandler and an eye-popping passing performance for the ages.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012