Articles tagged "Ed Brown"
History Says Arizona, Cincinnati and Philadelphia Will Make Playoffs
While no guarantee of future success, a strong start to the season is a good omen – 75.2 percent of teams (91 of 121) that started 3-0 since 1990 made the playoffs.
NFL Week 1 Statistical Tailgate
Crack open a cold one and read through a buffet of stats from the early slate of games of the first week of the 2014 season.
Slack Lines, Week 4: Breaking Bad to Worse
Matt savored the nectar of a "sweet, sweet push" last week and is now 0-11-1 ATS this year. Meanwhile, Jerry tries to save his relationship with Chip Kelly; Nick bashes "history's greatest TV show"; Luke likes Denver -100.5; and J vows to kill anyone who takes the Dolphins.
Tall Task: Does Height Matter For NFL Quarterbacks?
After Seattle shrimp Russell Wilson’s excellent rookie season, does height still matter for a NFL quarterback? Scott Kacsmar examines if bigger is better, or if NFL teams need to widen their thinking.
Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
The Chicago Bears have dominated on defense better, longer and more often than any team in NFL history, riding that defense to a legacy unmatched in pro football. We chronicle the defensive life and times of a team that still chooses to attend the NFL's Old School.
Voting History: Why Peyton Manning Should Run Away With NFL MVP Award
Peyton Manning vs. Adrian Peterson: two historic seasons, one MVP. Scott Kacsmar puts voters to task with an in-depth review of the seasons and why MVP voting results (1986-2011) say you have to take the QB.
Rodgers, Ryan, Brady Best Ever Protecting The Football
Drew Brees threw a career-high five INTs in Atlanta. But Scott Kacsmar says Turnover Rate is a better stat than total INTs. And the three all-time leaders at protecting the football are active right now: Rodgers, Ryan and Brady. Mark Sanchez "ass fumbles" were not included.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team