Articles tagged "Dwayne Allen"
NFL Blacksmithing: How Super Bowl Winners Craft Their Receiving Weapons
What kind of receiving corps wins a Super Bowl? Is it better to have veterans or a mix of young players? Homegrown talent or free agents? Scott Kacsmar examines all 47 Super Bowl champs and, among other things, finds that dominant WRs are often a deterrent to team success.
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News for AFC South
For the first time since 2008, the AFC South not only sent two teams to the playoffs but had more than one club win at least 10 games. Russell Baxter breaks down a division that changed before our very eyes in 2012.
Gutless NFL Coaches Fail Badly In Four-Minute Offense
NFL coaches fold badly in four-minute situations, say Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar. Given a chance to put teams away with one well-executed drive, they stubbornly refuse to pass the football, opening the door for a late rally by opponents.
Indianapolis Colts: Deconstruction of a Champion to a New Era
With franchise-sack leader Dwight Freeney on his way out of Indianapolis, the Colts move a step closer to a complete rebuild from their Super Bowl teams. Scott Kacsmar examines the era-changing process.
Captain Comeback: Seattle’s Russell Wilson Last Rookie QB Standing
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar recaps an unusual Wild Card weekend that left Seattle’s Russell Wilson as the last standing rookie QB. But the biggest stories were more about who was unable to participate.
Matter of Facts: Seahawks Have No. 1 Scoring Defense
From 32 teams to a dozen clubs looking for an NFL championship, CHFF's resident Statistician and Pro Football Guru Russell Baxter unleashes a factual assault befitting Wild Card Weekend.
Captain Comeback: 2012 NFL Rookie QBs Make More History
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar looks at the four rookie quarterbacks who combined for three comeback wins this week, while Tony Romo sets a Dallas record, and the Packers close out Detroit again.
Captain Comeback Week 13: Colts, Steelers Rally to Build Familiar AFC Race
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar shares tweets, records and has a “Todd Bowles Movement” in this monster edition highlighted by the clutch wins for annual AFC powerhouses Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.
Captain Comeback Week 9: New York Giants Shell-Shocked by Pittsburgh Steelers
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar has a midseason review for all 32 offenses in the clutch. The Steelers shock the Giants, Andrew Luck's historic day, and milestones for Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan ring in the Week 9 edition.
Captain Comeback: Eli Manning Out-Clutches Tony Romo In Dallas
Scott Kacsmar has sobering news for Dallas fans: Eli Manning now boasts as many comebacks and game-winning drives in Cowboys Stadium as Tony Romo (three). Also: clutch wins again for Stafford, Luck; more close losses for Newton and Rivers. Who says clutch history doesn't repeat itself?
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012