Articles tagged "Drew Brees"
David Garrard: The Best 4th-Round QB Since Rich Gannon
With David Garrard’s retirement from the Jets, Scott Kacsmar examines a career better than most people will remember. Garrard is the best fourth-round QB since Rich Gannon.
The New Orleans Saints, BountyGate And History’s First 7,000-Yard Defense
The New Orleans Saints defense was overrun last year like the Mexican-American border before harvest season. The pressure is on Drew Brees to continue his world-class play and on rookie first-round pick Kenny Vaccaro to make an immediate and much-needed impact in the secondary.
2013 NFL Draft Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Bet
Are offensive tackles really “safe” picks in the first round of the NFL draft? Scott Kacsmar cracks open a cold case of the football facts to find out where the label came from and how legit it is.
Cattle Call: We Grade 32 Prime Cuts From Round 1 Of 2013 NFL Draft
Linemen dominated the first round of the 2013 draft. In fact, we haven't seen these many hogs snatched up in one place since the Quincy boys crashed Rick Morris's frat party at UMass back in 1991. We grade the
Hog Wild: Linemen Rule First Round Of 2013 NFL Draft
Linemen dominated the first round of the 2013 draft. In fact, we haven't seen this many hogs snatched up in one place since the Quincy boys went to that frat party at UMass back in 1991. Central Michigan OT Eric Fisher was selected No. 1 overall.
Terrific Tandem: Darrelle Revis, Rex Ryan Face Unknown Future
QB-coach tandems are easy to spot both on the field and in football lore. Other player-coach tandems are harder to identify – unless armed with our illuminating Quality Stats. Rex Ryan-Darrelle Revis were one of those terrific tandems that we may find need each other.
NFL Draft Data Up The Wazoo: 10-Year Draft History For Each NFL Team
Draft day strategies vary widely from team to team in the NFL, which becomes quite apparent when you break down each club's draft history, position by position and round by round, over the past 10 years.
Tall Task: Does Height Matter For NFL Quarterbacks?
After Seattle shrimp Russell Wilson’s excellent rookie season, does height still matter for a NFL quarterback? Scott Kacsmar examines if bigger is better, or if NFL teams need to widen their thinking.
Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
The Chicago Bears have dominated on defense better, longer and more often than any team in NFL history, riding that defense to a legacy unmatched in pro football. We chronicle the defensive life and times of a team that still chooses to attend the NFL's Old School.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012