Articles tagged "Derrick Thomas"
Tavon Austin Joins Gale Sayers And Randy Moss In NFL Record Book
Austin is the first player in NFL history with a 95+ yard punt-return touchdown and two 55+ yard receiving touchdowns in the same game. No player had ever had a 95+ yard punt-return touchdown and one 55+ yard receiving touchdown in a single game.
Peyton Manning, Justin Houston and Nick Folk Earn AFC Player of the Week Honors
In the NFL’s annual primetime kickoff game, Manning completed 27 of 42 passes (64.3 percent) for 462 yards with seven touchdowns versus zero interceptions and a 141.1 passer rating in a 49-27 win over the defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens.
Deacon Jones Rests in His Own Class of NFL Sack Masters
Deacon Jones, the man who created the quarterback sack, has passed away at 74. Scott Kacsmar examines the NFL’s “official” sack leaders, who all owe respect to this pass-rushing pioneer.
2013 NFL Draft Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Bet
Are offensive tackles really “safe” picks in the first round of the NFL draft? Scott Kacsmar cracks open a cold case of the football facts to find out where the label came from and how legit it is.
Alex Over Geno Smith: Kansas City Chiefs’ History of Thrift-Store QBs
The Kansas City Chiefs do their QB shopping at the thrift store. The latest purchase? Alex Smith. Scott Kacsmar examines a franchise that has gone 30 years since drafting a QB that won a game for them.
Strahan's Sack Record Stands: Smith & Watt Come Up Short
With the sack record on the line, both J.J. Watt and Aldon Smith were blanked in Week 17, but they still had historically great seasons.
Aldon Smith vs. Reggie White, Michael Strahan: The Great Sack Race
Aldon Smith (1.5 sacks vs. New Orleans) is 1 sack shy this season of surpassing Hall of Famer Reggie White as the best young sack specialist in NFL history. He might even challenge Michael Strahan's single-season record of 22.5.
Aldon Smith Chases Reggie White, Derrick Thomas As Greatest Young Sack Leader
Outside linebacker Aldon Smith showed why the 49ers made him the No. 7 overall pick in last year's draft. He racked up 5.5 sacks against Chicago's porous offense line, and is about to overtake Reggie White as the greatest young sack leader.
- Listen To FF Champs Radio, 12-2 ET Tuesday
- Disappointing Falcons, Texans League-Worst 0-8 vs. Quality Opponents
- Stifling Seahawks (No. 1 Scoring D); Red-Hot Chiefs (No. 3 Scoring O) Top CHFF Power Rankings
- St. Louis 27, New Orleans 16: Rams Compound Saints Road Problems
- Bloated Yardage Totals Creating Record Season For All 32 Teams
- Miami 24, New England 20: Dolphins Alter AFC Landscape
- Russell Wilson Joins Dan Marino, Peyton Manning in Record Books
- Seattle 23, New York Giants 0: Seahawks Silence Giants
- 2013: The Year Of The 14-Point Comeback
- NFL Bottom Line: Stats That Defined Each Week 15 Game