Articles tagged "Dan Marino"
Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
The 2012 draft and the following season proved, yet again, that high-priced wide receivers are little more than Shiny Hood Ornaments, the most overvalued position in all of sports. We review an ugly, ugly year for teams that chased wide receivers in the draft.
Drew Brees 5 interceptions: The Worst Games By The Greatest QBs
Drew Brees is a bona fide future Hall of Fame quarterback. But he didn't look like one Thursday night, throwing a career-high 5 INT in a 23-13 loss at 11-1 Atlanta. We look at the worst meltdowns by the game's greatest QBs.
Captain's Challenge: Name The 5 Best Quarterbacks Of All Time
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar issues a challenge to NFL fans: name the stat that best reflects the top 5 quarterbacks in NFL history. The Captain says it's fourth-quarter comebacks, but wants your input.
Clash of the 5,000-yard quarterbacks
History unfolds Thursday night when the New Orleans Saints visit the New England Patriots in pre-season football. It will mark the first and probably only time this year two 5,000-yard QBs take the field together.
QBs: Career Playoff Drive Stats (2012 edition)
It really is Groundhog Day. Scott Kacsmar is back a year later with the 2012 update to his career playoff drive stats for 25 starting quarterbacks since 1980. Find out who’s led the most efficient offense in the postseason and much more.
Unreal Super Bowl Media Day Legends
Super Bowl Media Day would be a lot better if these tales were true. Okay, so Chris Berman interviewing himself on Media Day is probably true, but other than that, the following stories are intended for entertainment purposes only.
Captain Comeback: Wild Card History
Scott Kacsmar inscribes the complete history of all 36 fourth quarter comebacks and game-winning drives in the Wild Card round of the postseason, while also previewing this weekend’s games. Consider it the definitive 'Wild Card' chapter in the book of fourth quarter wins.
The Crippen Chronicles: Playoff edition
Ken Crippen of the Professional Football Researchers Association discusses NFL historical records from this year, records broken on Sunday, and this week in pro football history.
Brees, Marino and the Passing Onslaught of 2011
Scott Kacsmar examines the passing record onslaught of 2011. Included: the records that fell, a comparison of Drew Brees’ yards to Dan Marino’s 1984 season, and how 2011 surpassed 2010 as the “Year of the Quarterback.”
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012