Articles tagged "Colt McCoy"
The Legend of Limas Sweed: The NFL Receiver Who Couldn't Catch
Draft-niks gushed over Texas Longhorns wide receiver Lima Sweed back in 2008. They overlooked one little problem: Sweed couldn't catch syphilis in a Thai whorehouse. Scott Kacsmar pens a cautionary tale.
Captain Comeback: Matt Ryan Passes Tom Brady As NFL's Best QB In The Clutch
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar looks at a wild Week 6 in which Peyton Manning set a record, Matt Ryan set the new standard for clutch win percentage, field goal kickers were relevant, and New England had a serious letdown.
AFC West: Poor Get Poorer as Chiefs, Raiders fall short
The Oakland Raiders gave the Atlanta Falcons all they wanted for 59:59 on Sunday while Brady Quinn and the Kansas City Chiefs got throttled in Tampa.
Forget Manning vs Ryan, the Hogs Rule Broncos/Falcons
In this week's Hog Report: analysis of the clash of the titans in Monday Night Football and a breakdown of the best and worst hogs of Week 1.
Captain Comeback: Career Records in the Clutch for Active QBs
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar with another first: career records at fourth quarter comeback/OT opportunities for 41 active quarterbacks, and what you should be reading into this data.
NFC East Week 1 Preview: History Favors Champion Giants
Justin Henry sizes up NFC East Week 1 action and finds that history favors the Giants over the Cowboys at multiple levels. He also looks at Philadelphia's devastating top-ranked pass rush of 2011 and the challenges for Washington and RGIII in New Orleans.
Cam Newton, Andy Dalton and the Myth of the QB Sophomore Slump
Scott Kacsmar digs deep to debunk the QB sophomore slump. It used to exist, but this era's quarterbacks like Cam Newton and Andy Dalton should have expectations, and not a built-in excuse for year two.
Browns Report: Fitting End to Poor Offensive Season
A bad offense was a big theme in Cleveland this season. As the Browns lost 13-9 to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the season finale, there was a fitting end to pro football in Northeast Ohio. Beat writer Adam Dobrowolski gives five final lessons for the year.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012