Articles tagged "Chicago Cardinals"
Dirty Statistical Secret: Leather-Helmet NFL Produced More Points, Thrills
The NFL has spent more than 35 years genetically modifying offenses to score more points. Yet teams produced more points and more big plays in the gritty leather-helmet NFL of the late 1940s and 1950s than they do in the overly efficient league of today. We tell you why.
Top 'Super Seniors' for the Pro Football HOF
PFRA executive director Ken Crippen discusses four 'super senior' candidates for the Hall of Fame. His list includes former Eagles star Al Wistert, who led the team to its greatest successes, and Duke Slater, the pioneering 'Jackie Robinson of football.'
Jack Chevigny: football's larger-than-life war hero
Author Jeff Walker was haunted by the story football star Jack Chevigny. He chronicles that life, from the greatest moments in football history, to Chevigny's death on the bloody, war-torn island of Iwo Jima, in the new book, "The Last Chalkline."
Rusher Rating: A subpar champ will be crowned
Ken Crippen looks at the history of Rusher Rating for Super Bowl teams, and breaks out a new 'Total Rating' stat ... which finds the Giants and Patriots both to be wanting.
The Crippen Chronicles Week 16
Ken Crippen of the Professional Football Researchers Association discusses NFL historical records that could be broken this year, records broken on Sunday, and this week in pro football history.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team