Articles tagged "Brown"
David Garrard: The Best 4th-Round QB Since Rich Gannon
With David Garrard’s retirement from the Jets, Scott Kacsmar examines a career better than most people will remember. Garrard is the best fourth-round QB since Rich Gannon.
Ronde Barber Retires: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Great Deserves Hall Of Fame Honors
Ronde Barber deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame, says Scott Kacsmar, who examines the exclusive club of Canton cornerbacks, the value of sacks and the unwritten law of interceptions.
NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
Teams have never passed the ball more often than they do in the modern NFL. But all those aerials have softened up defenses underneath for running backs to exploit. The 2011 and 2012 seasons were the most explosive for ball carriers in NFL history.
NFL Draft First-Round Riches: Rams, Jets, Vikings Multiple Picks
The Rams, Jets and Vikings all had multiple 1st-round picks in the 2013 draft. But striking it rich with two studs is unlikely says Scott Kacsmar, adding that the Vikings landed one first rounder with bust written all over him.
Final Round Of Stats, Facts And Data From The 2013 NFL Draft
A complete round of data from the 2013 draft, highlighting the best and worst of the NFL's annual public meat market. Let's just say Southern girls had plenty to cheer for this weekend.
After The Facts: First-Round Numbers From The 2013 NFL Draft
The first round of the 78th edition of the NFL Draft did not disappoint, says Pro Football Guru Russell Baxter. Here's a few fact-filled observations about the first 32 picks of the 2013 draft.
2013 NFL Draft Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Bet
Are offensive tackles really “safe” picks in the first round of the NFL draft? Scott Kacsmar cracks open a cold case of the football facts to find out where the label came from and how legit it is.
The Legend of Limas Sweed: The NFL Receiver Who Couldn't Catch
Draft-niks gushed over Texas Longhorns wide receiver Lima Sweed back in 2008. They overlooked one little problem: Sweed couldn't catch syphilis in a Thai whorehouse. Scott Kacsmar pens a cautionary tale.
Tall Task: Does Height Matter For NFL Quarterbacks?
After Seattle shrimp Russell Wilson’s excellent rookie season, does height still matter for a NFL quarterback? Scott Kacsmar examines if bigger is better, or if NFL teams need to widen their thinking.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012