Articles tagged "Brandon Marshall"
NFL Blacksmithing: How Super Bowl Winners Craft Their Receiving Weapons
What kind of receiving corps wins a Super Bowl? Is it better to have veterans or a mix of young players? Homegrown talent or free agents? Scott Kacsmar examines all 47 Super Bowl champs and, among other things, finds that dominant WRs are often a deterrent to team success.
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News for NFC North
Pro Football Guru Russell Baxter takes an offseason look at the very competitive NFC North, which produced three of the seven NFC teams that won 10-plus games in 2012 and gave us two of the great individual seasons in NFL history.
Vikings Beat the Packers to Earn a Playoff Spot
The Vikings win over the Packers puts them in the playoffs as the No. 6 seed while the Packers ready themselves for a rematch with Minnesota at Lambeau Field.
Matter of Facts: Texans Look For First Win Ever in Indianapolis
The final Sunday of the regular season has the six AFC playoff teams set and four of the six in the NFC. But most of the seeding is up in the air.
NFC Pro Bowl Roster And Player Notes
The San Francisco 49ers placed a league-best nine players on the National Football Conference All-Star team that will face the American Football Conference All-Stars in the 2013 Pro Bowl – the kickoff to Super Bowl week – the NFL announced today.
Apocalypse Now: Chicago Bears and the NFL’s Greatest Second-Half Collapses
The Bears are who we thought they were, or are they? Scott Kacsmar looks at what's gone wrong in Chicago after a 7-1 start, and if they will join the group of the worst second-half collapses in NFL history.
NFC North: The Playoffs Start Now for Black and Blue Division
All four NFC North Division games this weekend will have an affect on the playoffs as the NFL heads into the postseason.
Captain Comeback Week 15: 49ers and Patriots Play NFL’s Game of the Year
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar breaks down the historical context of New England’s 28-point comeback attempt against the 49ers. Also: clutch Cowboys, Colts out of Luck, and Dom Capers is Jay Cutler’s daddy.
NFC North: Packers Beat the Bears to Clinch the Division
The Packers wrapped up their second consecutive division title with a win over the Bears that dropped them behind the Vikings for a Wild Card spot.
Brandon Jacobs is "Rotting Away" in San Francisco; Brandon Weeden Leading the Browns to Relevance
It's not often that a backup running back who's rushed for seven yards on five carries in two games makes headlines on a first place team, but that's what's happening with Brandon Jacobs in San Francisco.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012