Articles tagged "Bill Walsh"
Decision 2012: Author Glennon Says Vote Brady For G-O-A-T!
While the U.S. chooses a president, author Sean Glennon writes that he knows who should fill the Prolate Spheroid Office as the greatest QB of all-time. Quant Coach Kevin Braig reviews Glennon's case for Brady as the G-O-A-T.
Ryan Kalil ad: Carolina D not up to the task
Ryan Kalil vowed the Panthers will win the Super Bowl. But to do so, they'll need dramatic fixes to one of the worst pass defenses in history. Good news? It has happened once before, courtesy of the trio of Bill Walsh, Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott.
40 and Fabulous: in praise of passer rating
Passer rating turns 40 this season. We spoke to the Pro Football Researchers Assoc. at NFL Films this weekend and explained why this oft-criticized indicator is actually the Mother of All Stats. Some researchers cried 'heresy!' at our findings.
Discomfort Zone: the impact of travel on NFL games
NFL Network's three-hour schedule special included a detailed look at the impact of traveling across time zones. Our Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar provided the research. Here are all the details they didn't show you on TV.
Super Bowl Hangover Pt. 1: Tom Coughlin vs. Bill Parcells
Scott Kacsmar weighs in with Part 1 of the Super Bowl Hangover, focusing on the Hall of Fame credentials for New York Giants' coaches Tom Coughlin and Bill Parcells. Who is more deserving of Canton: the mentor or the apprentice?
The Original Moneyballer: Paul Brown, NFL genius
The release of Moneyball on the big screen reminds our QuantCoach of the similarities between Billy Beane and the great Paul Brown.
Quant Coach: It Doesn't Pay To Be Tight With Tight Ends
The season-ending knee injury suffered by Kansas City's Tony Moeaki didn't make headlines, but it should have. Few positions on the football field are more valuable than the tight end spot.
Injustice in Canton: the Case for Ken Anderson
Ken Anderson belongs in the Hall of Fame. After studying his HOF-caliber stats and his role as a pioneer of the West Coast offense, we conclude the 6,500-word epic "Case for Ken Anderson" with a look at how he won against the odds while consistently outplaying NFL MVPs.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012