Articles tagged "Bears"
Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
The Chicago Bears have dominated on defense better, longer and more often than any team in NFL history, riding that defense to a legacy unmatched in pro football. We chronicle the defensive life and times of a team that still chooses to attend the NFL's Old School.
It's All Relative: Patriots, 49ers, Broncos NFL's Best Teams
The Relativity Index measures teams by how well they perform each week relative to the quality of their competition. The Patriots and 49ers top the indicator, but Peyton Manning and the Broncos are the only team in the top 5 on both offense and defense.
Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers Obliterate Chicago Bears
Colin Kaepernick was brilliant in his first NFL start and Aldon Smith piled up 5.5 sacks as the San Francisco 49ers dismantled the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football. The 49ers leap-frogged the Bears for the inside track on the NFC's No. 2 seed.
Big Hat, No Cattle: Dallas Cowboys are America’s Dumbest Team
We called the Dallas Cowboys America's (Dumbest) Team before their Monday night showdown with the Chicago Bears. They lived down to the label with a mistake-filled 34-18 loss in the Taj Majones.
Bears-Cowboys Monday Night Football: Jay Cutler's Legit Gripe And the Chicago Paradox
The Chicago Bears visit the Dallas Cowboys in a Monday Night Football battle between marquee NFL franchises. Jay Cutler has plenty to gripe about: Chicago has a Super Bowl-caliber defense and dreadful offense, No. 1 on our Defensive Hog Index, No. 32 on our Offensive Hog Index.
Bears Team Report: Last hurrah for 2011(in 2012)
The Bears were able to find a way to finish the season with a win over the Minnesota Vikings. The last positive they can take from the season? They played hard and didn't quit. But now they can quit.
Bears Team Report: Playing the Vikings In the Pride Bowl
These long-time rivals are a long way off the road they expected to be on when the season started last September but taking satisfaction out of beating the other in the final game of the season could still make this a good football game.
Bears Team Report: Clearing the NFC Playoff Picture
The Packers have declared to the NFC that any path to the Super Bowl goes through Lambeau Field. The Bears declared that they're ready to prepare for 2012.
Bears Team Report: Christmastime In Lambeau
A month ago, football fans were making Christmas plans around this showdown between two playoff-caliber teams. Now, at least there'll be a football game to watch while the kids play with their presents on Christmas night.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012