Articles tagged "Atlanta Falcons"
The NFL's Biggest Overachievers And Underachievers In 2012
The 2012 Indianapolis Colts were the NFL's biggest overachiever in nearly two decades, while the New England Patriots were the league's most underachieving team last year, writes Scott Kacsmar.
NFL Stat Wars: YAC (Yards After Catch) Vs. YAT (Yards At Touch)
Andrew Luck and the Colts were the NFL's most inaccurate team last year but were league a leader in YAT (Yards At Touch). I.E., they threw the ball too far down field. We look at YAT and YAC (Yards After Catch) and find that the latter especially is badly overvalued by stat crunchers.
2012 NFL YAT (Yards At Touch) Leaderboard
Yards At Touch is YAC upside down: it tells us how far downfield receivers are when they first touch the football. The 7-9 Tampa Bay Buccaneers were No. 1 in YAT; the 10-6 NFC playoff contender Minnesota Vikings were No. 32 in YAT.
2012 NFL YAC Leaderboard: Panthers Tops; Bills The Worst
Here's a look at the NFL Yards After Catch (YAC) leaderboard in 2012. YAC is a fun, buzz-worthy stat. But at the end of the day, it has a very low Correlation to Victory. The 7-9 Carolina Panthers led the NFL in YAC in 2012; the top four included two of the worst offenses in football.
Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
The following 2013 NFL season over-under win totals come from the gang at Bovada. The Denver Broncos, New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers top the list, each with an over-under win total of 11½.
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News For AFC West
Go west? Over the past two seasons, the 2012 Denver Broncos (13-3) are the only team in the AFC West to finish with a winning record.
Bears, Steelers Lead List Of 100 Stingiest Defenses
Here’s a look at the 100 Stingiest Defenses in History, sorted by number of teams that made the Top 100. The Chicago Bears top the list with 10 members of the Top 100, while 10 current franchises have never fielded a Top 100 defense.
The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
Defense wins championships, or so goes the old cliché. But does that trusty crutch of gridiron analysis pass the statistical sniff test? We look at the 100 stingiest defenses in NFL history to find answers.
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News for the NFC South
While the Falcons finished with the best record in the NFC for the second time in three years, their NFC South brethren were a closely-knit group.
- Aaron Hernandez Quizzed In Death Probe: Tough Week To Be Patriots Tight End
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Real Quarterback Rating Differential: A New Mother Of All Stats?