Articles tagged "Andre Johnson"
NFL Blacksmithing: How Super Bowl Winners Craft Their Receiving Weapons
What kind of receiving corps wins a Super Bowl? Is it better to have veterans or a mix of young players? Homegrown talent or free agents? Scott Kacsmar examines all 47 Super Bowl champs and, among other things, finds that dominant WRs are often a deterrent to team success.
Gutless NFL Coaches Fail Badly In Four-Minute Offense
NFL coaches fold badly in four-minute situations, say Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar. Given a chance to put teams away with one well-executed drive, they stubbornly refuse to pass the football, opening the door for a late rally by opponents.
Captain Comeback: Last-Minute Shockers By Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar recaps a record-scoring Divisional Playoff Weekend with two classic comebacks in the final minute, including Matt Ryan’s redemption and Rahim Moore’s all-time blunder.
Patriots Wrangle The Texans 41-28
The Patriots avenged the trend of recent playoff history by winning a rematch game and in the process reached their seventh AFC Title game in the Brady/Belichick era.
Texans-Patriots: Payback's A Bitch, But Houston Low On Cash
The Patriots are going into this match up against the Houston Texans with great confidence, even though they will never admit it.
Captain Comeback: Seattle’s Russell Wilson Last Rookie QB Standing
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar recaps an unusual Wild Card weekend that left Seattle’s Russell Wilson as the last standing rookie QB. But the biggest stories were more about who was unable to participate.
NFL’s New Overtime System Requires New Strategies For Coaches And Teams
With 22 overtime games (3rd most ever) in 2012, Scott Kacsmar looks at the new system and finds the kickoff rule change is just as big of a factor. New rules will require new coaching strategies.
AFC Pro Bowl Roster And Player Notes
The AFC South champion Houston Texans lead the American Football Conference All-Star squad with a conference-best eight All-Stars for the 2013 Pro Bowl.
Explosive Charles, Brees, Brady, Luck, Bears D Top Week 16 Statistical Storylines
Jamaal Charles is now, officially, the most explosive runner in NFL history; Andrew Luck the most prolific QB and the Monsters of the Midway pick-six masters. Plus four other Week 16 statistical storylines.
Week 15 in Review: Edge-Of-The-Seat Win For Real And Spectacular Picks
Week 15 was defined by 10 blowouts in 16 NFL games. If you were looking for edge-of-the-seat football, the only place to find it this week was with our real and spectacular picks, which moved the ball forward with a narrow winning week.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012