Articles tagged "America's Team"
Sign Of The Times: Sharp Drops $30K Against Underdog Dallas Cowboys
The Dallas Cowboys were the most popular bet in football for years, their popularity as "America's Team" fueling public passion. This year Dallas is an NFL-best 6-1 ATS, but the passion is gone. Just ask the sharp who dropped The Mirage limit $30,000 on Detroit -3 this week.
Star Crossed Tony Romo: Best Performance, Most Points In An NFL Loss
The star-crossed legacy of Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo added another painful chapter Sunday in the team's 51-48 loss to the Denver Broncos. Romo merely authored what might be the greatest QB performance ever ... in a losing effort.
Peyton Manning's Start Greatest Ever? Not So Fast!
Don't knock anyone who feels that No. 18 is No. 1 all time in quarter-pole QBing. But back in the fall of 1966, Dandy Don Meredith and the Dallas Cowboys set the bar high with an explosive four-game performance the likes of which we've never seen again.
Big Hat, No Cattle: Dallas Cowboys are America’s Dumbest Team
We called the Dallas Cowboys America's (Dumbest) Team before their Monday night showdown with the Chicago Bears. They lived down to the label with a mistake-filled 34-18 loss in the Taj Majones.
CHFF Classic: Rise of the South, Birth of America's Team
The Ice Bowl lives on in football lore for its inhumane conditions and climactic finish. But one year earlier the Packers and Cowboys battled for the NFL title in a game just as exciting, and certainly more important in the evolution of American sports culture.
- Saints, Broncos Top NFL With 5 Quality Wins; 7 Losers With 0 Quality Wins
- Seahawks, Panthers Remain Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings Despite Losses
- Week 14 Scores And Stats
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Lions, Big Runs & Snow - Oh My! Chip's Eagles Overcome Early Woes
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- San Francisco 19, Seattle 17: 49ers Serve Notice
- College Football Awards: Regular Season Finale Edition
- Slack Lines, Week 14: Luke-warm Heading Into Crunch Time
- Week 14 NFL Snapshots: Litmus Test Continues