Articles tagged "Alex Smith"
David Garrard: The Best 4th-Round QB Since Rich Gannon
With David Garrard’s retirement from the Jets, Scott Kacsmar examines a career better than most people will remember. Garrard is the best fourth-round QB since Rich Gannon.
2013 NFL Draft Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Bet
Are offensive tackles really “safe” picks in the first round of the NFL draft? Scott Kacsmar cracks open a cold case of the football facts to find out where the label came from and how legit it is.
Tall Task: Does Height Matter For NFL Quarterbacks?
After Seattle shrimp Russell Wilson’s excellent rookie season, does height still matter for a NFL quarterback? Scott Kacsmar examines if bigger is better, or if NFL teams need to widen their thinking.
Alex Over Geno Smith: Kansas City Chiefs’ History of Thrift-Store QBs
The Kansas City Chiefs do their QB shopping at the thrift store. The latest purchase? Alex Smith. Scott Kacsmar examines a franchise that has gone 30 years since drafting a QB that won a game for them.
Alex Smith: The Best Quarterback Who Ever Got Benched
Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith will soon head to the Kansas City Chiefs, and with the move ends the saga of the most bizarre and statistically inexplicable benching in the history of the NFL.
Super Bowl XLVII: Baltimore Ravens Stifle San Francisco 49ers Historic Rally
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar recaps an epic Super Bow XLVII: the 49ers came up 5 yards short of the greatest comeback in championship game history. Baltimore’s strengths exposed San Francisco’s weaknesses in the HarBowl.
Lights Out: Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens Power Past San Francisco 49ers In Super Bowl XLVII
John Harbaugh and the Baltimore Ravens outlasted Jim Harbaugh and the San Francisco 49ers 34-31 in yet another great Super Bowl that was interrupted by an embarrassing power outage witnessed, you know, by all of America.
Baltimore Ravens-San Francisco 49ers: XLVII Cold, Hard Football Facts
Here are XLVII stats, facts and stories you need for Super Bowl XLVII between the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers: the good, the bad, the tasty, and the debaucherous straight from New Orleans, Louisiana.
Jim Harbaugh 'System' Makes San Francisco 49ers NFL's Deadliest ATS Machine
Harbaugh’s 49ers have been consistently great in three different areas since he took over the team before the 2011 season – three things that give San Francisco the shiny gold look of a champion.
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012