Articles tagged "Adam Vinatieri"
Farewell, Tuck Rule; Hello, Charles Woodson’s Illegal Head Slap
The NFL finally cast off the quirky and controversial Tuck Rule, 11 years after it jobbed the Oakland Raiders in the 2001 playoffs and gave birth to the New England Patriots dynasty. But the overturned fumble was not the only blown call on that same play.
Indianapolis Colts: Deconstruction of a Champion to a New Era
With franchise-sack leader Dwight Freeney on his way out of Indianapolis, the Colts move a step closer to a complete rebuild from their Super Bowl teams. Scott Kacsmar examines the era-changing process.
Matter of Facts: Repeat Champions In Rearview Mirror of History
With consecutive wins in Super Bowls XXXVIII and XXXIX, the Patriots are the last team to repeat as NFL champions. Can the Ravens buck the trend?
Peyton Manning’s 9-11 Playoff Record Is a Call for Help
Think you can sum up Peyton Manning’s playoff career by using his 9-11 record against him? Scott Kacsmar brings only the facts on Manning’s eight one-and-done postseasons. Can you handle the truth?
Captain Comeback: Seattle’s Russell Wilson Last Rookie QB Standing
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar recaps an unusual Wild Card weekend that left Seattle’s Russell Wilson as the last standing rookie QB. But the biggest stories were more about who was unable to participate.
Captain Comeback: 2012 NFL Rookie QBs Make More History
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar looks at the four rookie quarterbacks who combined for three comeback wins this week, while Tony Romo sets a Dallas record, and the Packers close out Detroit again.
Captain Comeback Week 10: “Epic Comeback Failure” Limited Edition
What is Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar to do in the first NFL week since 1973 without a single fourth-quarter comeback or game-winning drive? Deliver the context for a historic week of failure as only he can.
Captain Comeback Week 9: New York Giants Shell-Shocked by Pittsburgh Steelers
Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar has a midseason review for all 32 offenses in the clutch. The Steelers shock the Giants, Andrew Luck's historic day, and milestones for Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan ring in the Week 9 edition.
Killer Stats on all 13 Week 7 Games
Only 2 teams in the AFC (Ravens and Texans) boast winning record and six of this week's 13 matchups feature teams with identical records. Dive in for a Russell Baxter's dose of facts on every game in Week 7.
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012