Articles tagged "Aaron Rodgers"
David Garrard: The Best 4th-Round QB Since Rich Gannon
With David Garrard’s retirement from the Jets, Scott Kacsmar examines a career better than most people will remember. Garrard is the best fourth-round QB since Rich Gannon.
NFL Draft First-Round Riches: Rams, Jets, Vikings Multiple Picks
The Rams, Jets and Vikings all had multiple 1st-round picks in the 2013 draft. But striking it rich with two studs is unlikely says Scott Kacsmar, adding that the Vikings landed one first rounder with bust written all over him.
2013 NFL Draft Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Bet
Are offensive tackles really “safe” picks in the first round of the NFL draft? Scott Kacsmar cracks open a cold case of the football facts to find out where the label came from and how legit it is.
Tall Task: Does Height Matter For NFL Quarterbacks?
After Seattle shrimp Russell Wilson’s excellent rookie season, does height still matter for a NFL quarterback? Scott Kacsmar examines if bigger is better, or if NFL teams need to widen their thinking.
Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
The Chicago Bears have dominated on defense better, longer and more often than any team in NFL history, riding that defense to a legacy unmatched in pro football. We chronicle the defensive life and times of a team that still chooses to attend the NFL's Old School.
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News for NFC North
Pro Football Guru Russell Baxter takes an offseason look at the very competitive NFC North, which produced three of the seven NFC teams that won 10-plus games in 2012 and gave us two of the great individual seasons in NFL history.
Gutless NFL Coaches Fail Badly In Four-Minute Offense
NFL coaches fold badly in four-minute situations, say Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar. Given a chance to put teams away with one well-executed drive, they stubbornly refuse to pass the football, opening the door for a late rally by opponents.
Alex Over Geno Smith: Kansas City Chiefs’ History of Thrift-Store QBs
The Kansas City Chiefs do their QB shopping at the thrift store. The latest purchase? Alex Smith. Scott Kacsmar examines a franchise that has gone 30 years since drafting a QB that won a game for them.
Alex Smith: The Best Quarterback Who Ever Got Benched
Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith will soon head to the Kansas City Chiefs, and with the move ends the saga of the most bizarre and statistically inexplicable benching in the history of the NFL.
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012