Gridiron Lifestyle: Gameday Favorites
Remember in college they had something called the "freshman 15"? College freshmen could expect to pack on 15 pounds their first semester away from home, hitting the peace pipe a few times a week and then gorging themselves on pizza, soda, beer and nachos. (Our favorite freshman dish was the "chixwich." It was supposed to be some sort of fried chicken sandwich, but note that the actual word "chicken" is conveniently missing from the name.)
The 225 Club encounters a similar phenomenon each tailgate season: we call it the "football 50." It's the amount of weight we can pack on pounding down gameday favorites like venison chili, Angry's Hank's ribs and homemade donuts. Don't laugh. It has happened to us.
You might say the "football 50" is a sad commentary on our sedentary lifestyle. We think it's a glowing testament to the quality of our hot, tasty tailgate treats. Rest assured, there's no "chix" in our dishes. Just real meat and the occasional vegetable.
(LEGAL DISCLAIMER: By visiting this section and cooking our gameday favorites, you resolve to hold the Cold, Hard Football Facts, its writers, contributors, owners, producers, advisors, directors, hangers-on and resident random drunks blameless for any rapid weight gain you may encounter during this or any other football season from here into perpetuity.)
Real-deal New Orleans filé gumbo
One-third of the Hank Williams trinity of New Orleans cuisine ... jambalaya, crawfish pie and file gumbo. (In fact, the 225 Club has recipes for all three.)
Pan-fried Jack Daniel's chicken
Get a taste of Tennessee with this recipe from Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House in Lynchburg.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- Congress Wants The Redskins To Change Name - I Want Congress To Change Its Name
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos