Winning King of Props Grins Ands Bears It
Both of the Week 9 Sunday props came through, as Chargers wideout Keenan Allen caught eight passes (easily going over 4½ ) and Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell rushed for 74 yards (comfortably topping 62½ before the end of the third quarter).
With those two winners, our record for the season stands at 21-14 (.600), and we close out Week 9 by making a play on tonight’s Bears-Packers tilt:
Over 240½ passing yards for Bears quarterback Josh McCown
With regular starter Jay Cutler out due to a groin injury, McCown becomes the new triggerman of a potent passing attack.
Playing less than three full quarters in his Week 7 relief appearance, he threw for 204 yards – all in the second half – and averaged better than 10 yards per attempt. Not only is McCown a very capable downfield passer, but wideouts Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery may form the best deep-threat tandem in the league.
The Packers are 11-point favorites, and their fourth-ranked run defense generally forces opponents to throw the ball anyway.
Coming off a bye, the Bears have had additional time to prepare under highly regarded passing guru Marc Trestman. McCown should be given ample opportunities to generate yardage through the air tonight.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team