White-Hot King of Props Goes for 10 in a Row
Both of the running backs we backed on Sunday delivered, with the Bills’ C.J. Spiller going over 74½ total yards on just his second carry of the game.
That gave us nine straight winners and a season record of 35-17 (.673). In the pursuit of back-to-back 4-0 weeks, we go back to where it started:
Over 42½ rushing yards for Saints running back Pierre Thomas
The total for this prop was five yards higher when we bet it in Week 12, and Thomas promptly rumbled for 73 yards.
He has now exceeded this number in five of the last six games, falling short only when limited to six carries versus the No. 1 run defense of the Jets. Thomas received double-digit totes in each of those other five contests, averaging 65 yards.
The perception is that the Seahawks have a great defense overall, but they actually rank 20th in rushing yards allowed per play. In recent weeks, the Rams’ Zac Stacy and the Buccaneers’ Mike James gashed them for 134 and 158 yards, respectively.
With Drew Brees challenging a depleted secondary that will be without Brandon Browner and Walter Thurmond, Thomas should find open running lanes tonight.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team