Week 9 broadcast maps: No shock as 'Boys-Gi'nts get top billing
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Oct 30, 2008
These nifty NFL broadcast maps are provided each week courtesy of the fine folks at the506.com. The maps offer some cool collages highlighting what Pigskin America is watching each Sunday.
The maps also provide some insight into the NFL, the hot teams, the psyche of fans and the goals of the big pro football broadcasters.
Wow, we haven't seen this is a long time, but the eyeball network has pegged Jets-Bills its top game, sending the No. 1 crew of Nantz-Simms to call the action. In additional to regional coverage, the game is being broadcast through areas of the upper Midwest and almost the entire West Coast. Go figure. What it tells, though, is not that Jets-Bills has developed into a premier match-up, but that it's a pretty weak schedule for CBS on Sunday.
Most of the nation will see the Green Bay-Tennessee tussle, a contest that pits the ever-popular Packers against the undefeated Titans – a team which had its national coming-out party on Monday night. The rest of the early Fox slate sucks and draws only limited regional coverage.
Well, here's a shock: the big battle of NFC East powers Cowboys-Giants draws the largest broadcast coverage of any game in Week 9, along with Fox's No. 1 crew of Joe Buck (back from baseball duty) and Troy Aikman. These guys cover Dallas so often they should just give them an office at the Cowboys complex. The Falcons-Raiders game is being called by two guys you never heard of.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- Congress Wants The Redskins To Change Name - I Want Congress To Change Its Name
- CHFF on Twitter: It's All Tebow, All The Time
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos