Week 4 NFL Snapshots: 15 Images, 30 Facts, Infinite Wisdom
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
What's worse: the panic-button-pounding fans of struggling franchises, or the media making ham-fisted projections based on three games?
If it cheers you up out there, consider this: in Week 2 last season, the pathetically lousy Philadelphia Eagles defense held their opposing quarterback to completing 52 percent of his passes and interception, before halting his chance at a fourth quarter comeback.
That quarterback was Joe Flacco, who later went on to become Super Bowl MVP.
So no need for the white flag just yet; there are still plenty of opportunities for your favorite team to piss away momentum, and make your forthcoming holiday meals taste a little bitter.
That's where true optimism lies: not giving up hope until after Daylight Savings.
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Seattle Reasserts Dominance Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings
- Predators: New England Patriots As Predictable As Ahnold
- Historic Beating: ‘Scumbag’ Detroit Lions Humiliate Green Bay Packers
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery: Week 13 Statistical Heroes
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- The List: NFL's Top Performers in December
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate