Week 16 NFL Snapshots: The Christmas Rush
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
I've never gotten coal in my stocking, but this Eagles fan once got a Freddie Mitchell jersey for Christmas when he was 19. Wasn't even a gag gift either; this was still in the "he's only in his second year, he'll pay dividends' phase. He did, for one play in the 2003 playoffs, but that was enough. We could've drafted Reggie Wayne, but hey: WE HAD FRED-EX!
Bitter rant aside, Christmas is often a wondrous time to stock up on NFL goods. I'm sure the Eagles lightswitch cover I got my brother four years ago is still in its packaging, and the Eagles wallet a dear friend got me a year ago hasn't had my license and cards transfered to it yet, but that's Christmas for ya: acquisition is better than gainful use.
Same feeling when the Eagles drafted Freddie Mitchell. See how it all circles back?
Merry Christmas, everybody!
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team