Week 16 NFL Snapshots: The Christmas Rush
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
I've never gotten coal in my stocking, but this Eagles fan once got a Freddie Mitchell jersey for Christmas when he was 19. Wasn't even a gag gift either; this was still in the "he's only in his second year, he'll pay dividends' phase. He did, for one play in the 2003 playoffs, but that was enough. We could've drafted Reggie Wayne, but hey: WE HAD FRED-EX!
Bitter rant aside, Christmas is often a wondrous time to stock up on NFL goods. I'm sure the Eagles lightswitch cover I got my brother four years ago is still in its packaging, and the Eagles wallet a dear friend got me a year ago hasn't had my license and cards transfered to it yet, but that's Christmas for ya: acquisition is better than gainful use.
Same feeling when the Eagles drafted Freddie Mitchell. See how it all circles back?
Merry Christmas, everybody!
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review