Week 16 NFL Snapshots: The Christmas Rush
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
I've never gotten coal in my stocking, but this Eagles fan once got a Freddie Mitchell jersey for Christmas when he was 19. Wasn't even a gag gift either; this was still in the "he's only in his second year, he'll pay dividends' phase. He did, for one play in the 2003 playoffs, but that was enough. We could've drafted Reggie Wayne, but hey: WE HAD FRED-EX!
Bitter rant aside, Christmas is often a wondrous time to stock up on NFL goods. I'm sure the Eagles lightswitch cover I got my brother four years ago is still in its packaging, and the Eagles wallet a dear friend got me a year ago hasn't had my license and cards transfered to it yet, but that's Christmas for ya: acquisition is better than gainful use.
Same feeling when the Eagles drafted Freddie Mitchell. See how it all circles back?
Merry Christmas, everybody!
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team